We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itaim Bibi or Vila Opimpia vs Paulista Avenue??

Which Sao Paulo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Itaim Bibi or Vila Opimpia vs Paulista Avenue??

I am coming to Sao Paulo for 3 months on an official work. I am currently looking up a place to live and narrowed down to these 3 neighborhoods.

I am looking for a safe zone with great night life (important factor) with eating joints/restro bars/shops(supermarket) nearby etc. Also decently connected to public transport.

Considering all these factors, which neighborhood you would suggest for me out of three (Itaim Bibi/ Vila Olimpia/ Paulista Avenue)?

Edited: 11:14 am, January 30, 2014
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,252 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itaim Bibi or Vila Opimpia vs Paulista Avenue??

since you are coming for work, I would choose which ever is closer to your office here, because going to/from work is when you are likely to face worse traffic jams (and they can be very bad). you want to minimize that. it will exponentially improve your quality of life.

Itaim and Vila Olimpia are next to each other. Public transport there will be only buses and taxis.

A subway line runs accross the entire length of Av. Paulista.

you can find all the rest basically in any of the locations.

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itaim Bibi or Vila Opimpia vs Paulista Avenue??

My office is in Morumbi but a lot of people advised me not to stay there. I will get taxi pick up and drop service from work so I don;t have to use public transport for office commute.

I checked on google maps that my office is actually just 5-7 kms from Itaim Bibi/Vila Olimpia.

Still which one would you suggest keeping in mind more vibrant night life?

3. Re: Itaim Bibi or Vila Opimpia vs Paulista Avenue??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, February 18, 2014
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,252 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itaim Bibi or Vila Opimpia vs Paulista Avenue??

yes, Morumbi is boring, lol...

if your office is there, I would go for Itaim/V.Olimpia

5. Re: Itaim Bibi or Vila Opimpia vs Paulista Avenue??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, February 01, 2015