We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planet cruise

Which Sao Paulo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
8 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Planet cruise

Glossy TV show and some good cruise deals .... However, once you've made a booking and they

have taken your money, the aftersales service is the worst that I've encountered in over 30 years

of extensive travelling. Mistakes, promises, false information, totaly different than how the company portrays itself on the tv programme.

Prices may be good, but I'd rather pay a bit extra to get better aftersales service / correct information and people who might be bothered to return you calls and emails.

I would not make a booking with Planet Cruise ever again (Not even from Dover to Calais!)

49 replies to this topic
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
78 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planet cruise

We are looking at a cruise & stay for next year with Planet Cruise but I'm having 2nd thoughts now. Can anyone recommend any other companies? We've never cruised before so we're complete amateurs!

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planet cruise

I agree with signmans review I also think likewise that the customer service is far away from reality when it states outstanding customer service,my stay and cruise was booked for june this year unfortunately we cannot go on this date, so I told planet and we agreed a new date for the end of august.thomson the tour operator said pay the difference in cruise price plus £100 ammendment fee which came to a total of £188 and job done,when planet rang thomson they turned round and said that price was wrong and we would have to pay more than £500 to go on new cruise,I am not blaming planet because it was thomson who welched on the deal,but I do blame planet for not doing more to resolve this situation.i personally phoned thomson who said they would not resolve it for me they would only speak to the travel agent who booked it, I then spoke to planet and said to them could they not get onto somebody higher up with more authority to look into this but planet said they could not do any more on this matter and enough time had already been spent looking into this.My gripe is this both planet cruise and thomson cruise are ok as long as everything is running sweetly but if you alter from there set plan then you are in trouble,I have usually booked holidays independently before and I will revert back to this so that if I do get a problem I will sort it out myself,I will never again be taken in with all the hype from watching it on t.v.

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planet cruise

Hi holiday girl, If you read my previous review which is a reply to signmanit highlights the problem I have,so I personally in my position cannot recomend planet cruises,planet and thomson customer services in my mind are non existant.but use them by all means to book your cruise it will be fine I dont think there any worse than other travel agents provided nothing goes wrong,i just get the impression that once your cruise is booked and money paid up front thats it where there concerned.

Bournemouth, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Planet cruise

Having just used planet cruise for a family holiday (23 people) I can agree totally terrible customer service ,they seem to have no clue what they are doing once they have taken your money lots of promises which never get fulfilled, mix up with bookings forgetting to send conformation and tickets,then when you finally sort it all out yourself and get on holiday major mix up at hotels because they have only booked you into the hotel for two night instead of seven ( even though your paper work says seven ) I don't go on holiday to have stress but this company causes you stress from the moment you have paid, avoid at all cost, it's easier to sort your flights hotels and cruises out yourself then be chasing around after people who have no clue what they are doing !

Scunthorpe, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Planet cruise

When we booked with Planet Cruise we were told we would get an upgrade to a better cabin, when the paperwork came through from P & O we still had the same cabin, no upgrade! I queried this with planet cruise they said that upgrades are at the discretion of the cruise line, so why do planet Cruise say you have one when they can't quarantee it? Planet Cruise said they would check about an upgrade cabin but never replied. We certainly won't be using them again,

Withernsea, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Planet cruise

Don't use Planet Cruise they are definitely not to be trusted try Thompsons and book via their web site, a much better deal then the Planet cowboys.

Withernsea, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Planet cruise

DISCRACEFUL COMPANY, PLANET CRUISE I WILL NEVER USE YOU AGAIN

Booked with Planet Cruise in March for a Thompsons cruise and stay for this August it was actually £500 cheaper if I had booked direct with Thompsons. After numerous phone calls and emails I did get £89 overcharge refund and £ 200 knocked off the price, well I think I did, because after several emails and phone calls later I have still to receive my Thompsons revised invoice.

I wonder if the management know what's going on? or even if they care because the help line and sales staff don't appear to care to.

I find not replying to emails and false promises on the phone when you do get to talk to someone is ignorant and down right rood.

The holiday is for our honeymoon so I am quite concerned and apprehensive that I will have difficulty getting the tickets.

Very distressing so who ever reads this please take care and steer away from Planet Cruise.

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planet cruise

hi Mark ,

I concur with everything you said I also had a problem when I booked with planet cruise for a thomson cruise and stay, it finished up with me cancelling the holiday.but what I have done is booked for next year again with thomson but this time directly,no way will I ever go near planet cruise to say they are inaffecient is to let them off lightly.anyway I hope everything works out for you because when you do get on your cruise I think you will enjoy it fter all the hassle

A.J.

Abingdon,Oxford
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planet cruise

I entirely agree with all of the above. They are a smooth and slick operation when it comes to getting your booking and money out of you after that they are appalling. Trying to get any worthwhile information out of them regarding your cruise is worse than getting the proverbial "blood out of a stone". You ring them and they say they will get back to you.....but don't. I feel that I have booked a cruise through them and done all the work myself. And now they have the cheek to keep mailing me about other cruises. I will certainly never use them again

MidlandsUK
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Planet cruise

I totally agree, they are a shocking organisation! We have booked two cruises with them this year. The first one was with MSC (They are as bad too) from Venice. We asked for a suite with balcony. When I checked (with MSC) just before the holiday that the suite did have a balcony I was told that it didn't! Phone call after phone call back and forth with PC and they agreed they had given us wrong information. I fought for some compensation as we could not get an ordinary room with a balcony as the ship was full.

Then just checked with them on the other cruise around Hawaii if we could pay for an all inclusive drinks package to be told yes it's $49 per person per day, then another call confirmed it was possible and it was $59 per person per day. I am sure they make it up as they go along! On checking with the cruise company to be told they don't have a package for alcohol - and never has had one to offer. Do these so called Cruise experts know what the hell they are talking about? When I told them that they were wrong the after sales member of staff turned quite snappy.

"Oh well then you can't have one then can you!!" Quote!

Big mistake booking with the shoddy organisation - Planet Cruise. The worst travel agents company we have ever dealt with. Never again! The staff need some very quick training in how to deal with after sales and get proper information before telling customers wrong information.

Reply to: Planet cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted