We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what brazilian banks allow american visa atm withdrawals

West Salem...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
what brazilian banks allow american visa atm withdrawals

In sao paulo brazil, and need to find an atm that will allow me to withdrawal money. I have a visa debit card I want to use.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what brazilian banks allow american visa atm withdrawals

read this thread about ATMs in Rio... and the majority of comments will apply to Sao Paulo as well:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303506-i1199-k648…

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what brazilian banks allow american visa atm withdrawals

Most ATMs I use with my U.S. Citibank debit card have stickers/plaques on the machines that accept foreign cards, with logos of the various networks and/or "internacional." I've used my card at Citibank, Banco24 (Citibank is tied to that network), Bradesco and Branco do Brasil (specific machines for the last two). Have not been able to use it at Santander or Itau. Check with your home bank before you leave re networks, and fees.

United States
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what brazilian banks allow american visa atm withdrawals

In both major touristc states, I was only able to withdraw money from both HSC Bank ATM and a MultiBank ATM. Once I was at Leblon on Rio and tried several (5) ATMs, including a MultiBank ATM at the Shopping Leblon until I found a HSC Bank branch.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what brazilian banks allow american visa atm withdrawals

Grazilind, did you see if the ATMs you couldn't use had stickers for the ATM network your card is part of? The card you have is as important as the machine you go to. An ATM may be usable by customers of several banks, but not yours.

5. Re: what brazilian banks allow american visa atm withdrawals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 09, 2014