We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sao Paolo for 10 days in August/September

Volcano, Hawaii
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sao Paolo for 10 days in August/September

We will be on a business trip for to Sao Paolo in August about 10 days. Any advice as to staying safe, and what area to avoid?

Volcano, Hawaii
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sao Paolo for 10 days in August/September

That is such good advice. Now I need help with laundry. We checked online and the nearest one is an hour walk away....why do we need page of passport with us?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
5,700 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sao Paolo for 10 days in August/September

probably the hotel staff can tell you where the nearest self-service laundry is. but they are not as common as in the uSA and it may not be walking distance.

a copy of your passport is to have some form of ID with you, while keeping the original safely in the hotel. you dont want to walk in a foreign country without any ID with you. there may also be an occasional place where you use your credit card that may ask for some form of ID, but tends to be rare nowadays.

and... should a mishap take place, how on earth would people know who you are, or that they should contact the USA consulate etc etc?

Volcano, Hawaii
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sao Paolo for 10 days in August/September

Thank you so much!

Now we are waiting at the Manaus airport lounge. To get free internet, I have to enter a lot of information, like flight details and passport number, I did not realize there is such high security for internet access!

14. Re: Sao Paolo for 10 days in August/September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 25, 2014