We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the Santa Cecília neighborhood?

New Haven
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
How is the Santa Cecília neighborhood?

Hello!

I will be spending a couple of months in São Paulo on business and am looking for a place there. One of the options is a place in the Santa Cecilia neighborhood, on R. São Vicente de Paula, one block away from the Marechal Deodoro subway stop. From Google street view, it looks like a quiet, pleasant residential area. Does anyone here have an opinion? Here's what I am looking to find out:

1) Is it suitable for jogging during the day?

2) Does it have places to shop for groceries within walking distance?

3) Does it have a generally safe vibe?

4) And, the cherry on top, does it have a few nice bars and restaurants?

A bit more info about me: I have been to Sampa before, but always stayed in the Jardins neighborhood, which I find too impersonal. I feel generally safe around the city. For fun, I tend to prefer Vila Madalena to the more upscale club scene.

Thanks very much in advance.

--NPM

11. Re: How is the Santa Cecília neighborhood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 02, 2014