We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis in Sao Paulo - GRU Airport - please help!!

South Africa
Level Contributor
395 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis in Sao Paulo - GRU Airport - please help!!

Hi there...we are visiting family in Sao Paulo for 3 days (between our holiday) Tickets already issued into and out of International Airport (GRU) NOW - he tells me that airport is approx 60km away and 3 hours because of traffic!! He lives only 8km from Congonhas airport. If I cannot change my air tickets- can you advise approx how much a taxi would cost for 60km. Is it based on time plus kilometres? We arrive at 17h00 on a Friday from Iguassu and leave at 12h10 to Rio. Otherwise - is there a shuttle or train between the airports that he could then collect us from Congonhas?

Thanks sooo much!!!

michigan
Level Contributor
418 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis in Sao Paulo - GRU Airport - please help!!

yes, there is a shuttle connecting the two airports every hour or so. if you are flying TAm or GOL airlines they also have their own buses btw the two airports for free.

regarding taxis: you will pay a fixed rate that the taxi people at the airport will tell you before you hire their service.

17H00 on a friday is really a bad time regarding traffic. one option is to remain at the airport, say, until 20H30, and then take a taxi, this way you will avoid most of the rush hour traffic.

it would be a good idea to change your ticket to rio from GRU to the congonhas airport.

South Africa
Level Contributor
395 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis in Sao Paulo - GRU Airport - please help!!

Thanks a lot! We are flying on Varig. I have also found out that DinersClub have a free shuttle between the airports - so will try to find out more details (it's all in Portuguese on their website). I will check with Varig next week about changing tickets and see what the charges are.....might rather fly from SP to Rio on Sunday evening instead of Monday morning - presume the traffic will be better then!! Regards, Cheggs

Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
272 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis in Sao Paulo - GRU Airport - please help!!

shuttle between guarulhos and congonhas airports are available at the airports and i departs at each one hour.

the rate is about R$30,00-40,00.

these buses are very confortable and surely this is the best way to come from guarulhos to sao paulo.

South Africa
Level Contributor
395 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis in Sao Paulo - GRU Airport - please help!!

Thanks a lot!! Glad to hear about the shuttles!!