We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sao Paulo airport to Santos?

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
417 posts
694 reviews
Save Topic
Sao Paulo airport to Santos?

We are flying to Sao Paulo from Montevideo, arriving on Sunday 22nd April at 8.30 am. We need to get to Santos to join a cruise, which leaves at 18.00 the same day. I am wondering if someone can advise me the best way to get from the airport to Santos. We will have heavy baggage so won´t want to do too much walking. Thanks guys.

Sao Sebastiao, SP
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sao Paulo airport to Santos?

Two bus companies have regular departures from Santos to Cumbica airport in Guarulhos and Congonhas in Sao Paulo.

The Translitoral (www.translitoral.com.br, phone: 55 (13) 3344-3000) runs 5 times a day Santos - Guaruhos.

The Expresso Brasileiro (www.expressobrasileiro.com, phone:55 (13) 3219-2004) is the direct link between Guarulhos and the main bus terminal in Santos and has four daily departures.

Santos taxi cooperatives usually charge a fixed price of about BRL 250 for a ride from Guarulhos to Santos

Acat

Tel: 0800-704-8687

Coopertaxi

Tel: 0800-772-7177

Disk Taxi

Tel: 0800-770-0231

Mentioned in this post
Guarulhos
Guarulhos
State of Sao Paulo
Penang Island...
Level Contributor
417 posts
694 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sao Paulo airport to Santos?

Thank you so much for your detailed response Ilhade.

I couldn´t find a timetable on either bus web site, so

I think we´ll just take the first bus when we arrive at the airport. With 9 buses per day one should fit our schedule.

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,983 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sao Paulo airport to Santos?

also check with your cruise company if they have a transfer, some do.

you might have to come to Sao Paulo by taxi tho

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
417 posts
694 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sao Paulo airport to Santos?

Thanks... yes just checked and they do have a bus from the airport direct to the boat. They charge US$100 per person, but it might be worth it to save transfers etc. I´m sure we´ll be tired after getting up at 3.30am to catch our flight.

Sao Paulo, SP
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sao Paulo airport to Santos?

it can be a bit of a hike to get to the cruise terminal in Santos, sometimes taking up to 2 hours, depending on traffic. If there's two of you then USD$100 per person isn't bad, assuming it's a private transfer.

6. Re: Sao Paulo airport to Santos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, March 10, 2014