We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stuck in barueri

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
117 reviews
118 helpful votes
stuck in barueri

Stuck in Barueri for the weekend, free from Fri 6pm till Monday 10am, where would you go? (other than Embu)?

I don't mind buses or a cheap flight (Viracopos airport is not far) but just wondering how best use could be made of the time . . .

5 replies to this topic
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: stuck in barueri

Águas de Lindóia is one option, if you can a find a hotel to stay there. Serra Negra is another option of the "water circuit". The best would be to find an hotel with a hot pool. A nice one is Hotel Majestic in Aguas de Lindoia.

If you are Airplane fan, visit the TAM museum close to São Carlos maybe a nice idea, is among one of the best in world.

Do trails in Paranapiacaba is another option.

Holambra can be another option.

Campos do Jordão is also the obvious choice, but hotels will be really expensive right now.

The flights will be already too expensive.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
117 reviews
118 helpful votes
2. Re: stuck in barueri

(Should perhaps mention for the benefit of others reading this thread that, as there is plenty of public transport from Barueri into Sao Paulo but precious little to anywhere else, any Barueri-specific ideas are mostly only applicable if you are using a car. There's a free Azul onibus to Viracopos for anyone travelling by Azul flights, otherwise it seems to be a case of Barueri to Tiete first, or changing in Lapa for somewhere like Embu by slow bus.)

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: stuck in barueri

If you can buy place tickets. One idea is to fly to Belo Horizonte and go to inhotim. There are daily bus from BH to Inhotim, to do it as day trip. Some activities inside the city as well.

Caldas Novas - Goiás can be a nice place to enjoy hot pools.

Flight to Porto Alegre and take a bus straight from the Airport to Gramado.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
117 reviews
118 helpful votes
4. Re: stuck in barueri

I've more or less ruled out flights. Although Azul do a direct flight to Belo, it makes it a costly trip to see a museum! A nice idea for a longer stay in Belo (though I'd like to do the Belo to Vitoria train ride again, which is quite stunning). Whereas a bus from Tiete is doable on teh Friday evening, with more to spend on a nice pousada in the countryside or near the beach or even a fazenda.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
117 reviews
118 helpful votes
5. Re: stuck in barueri

Eventually we opted for a weekend in Islabela. Can't remember how to post an exact link to a post, but I've added a quick trip report for the benefit of anyone else thinking of going there. Cheers.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g303631-i2161-k6…

Reply to: stuck in barueri
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Barueri