We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from Paranagua or Morretes to Florianopolis

USA
Level Contributor
87 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
bus from Paranagua or Morretes to Florianopolis

Does anyone know if we can take the bus from Paranagua or Morretes to Florianopolis? And, do you know approximately how long it would take.

Am also trying to find out about buying tickets before we leave the US for the train from Curitiba to Morretes of Paranagua.

Thanks

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from Paranagua or Morretes to Florianopolis

You can take a bus to most places in Brasil. It is how the majority of Brasilians travel within Brasil. I do know that the bus ride from Curitiba to Floripa is about 4-6 hours.

I am sure you will be able to get a local travel agent to buy your train tickets in Curitiba. A lot of travel agencies have people who speak some english.

Curitiba, PR
Level Contributor
57 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from Paranagua or Morretes to Florianopolis

I don't know if there is a direct bus from Paranagua to Floripa.

I think it is better go back to Curitiba and them take the bus to Floripa.

If you want informations or buy your train ticket ( ctba- Morretes-ctba) , go to www.serraverdeexpress.com.br

My advice:

When in Curitiba, go to Morretes by train, spend the day in Morretes, eat Barreado ( local food), see and go down the Nundiaquara river and go back to Curitiba ( by train again) to take the bus to Floripa. The train and bus station are in the same place in Curitiba.

Enjoy your trip!

3. Re: bus from Paranagua or Morretes to Florianopolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Florianopolis