We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florianopolis Advice

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Florianopolis Advice

Hey

I had originally planned to visit Floripa for 5 days but as I won't have a car i'm wondering if it's such a good place to visit.I was going to go by bus from Paraty but then thought a flight would be better from Sao Paulo, is it worth the effort to go there if there's not much to see or if places are not that accessible?

Does anybody have any other suggestions on places to visit other than here, ideally i'd like to stay around the coastal region between rio and sao paulo as i'm flying out of sao paulo.

I'm already intending to visit these places:

Rio

Buzios

Arraial do cabo

Ouro Preto

Tiradentes

Ilha Grande

Paraty

Sao Paulo

Thanks for any help :0)

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
5,113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Florianopolis Advice

When are you coming to Brazil? That may help you decide what (or not) to do.

Florianopolis is basically a beach destination, thus best time is our summer (lets say November thru March roughly). As it is farther South, it can get much colder there than the rest of our major beach destinations.

What else to do... depends on what you like. Some suggestions.

Next to Ouro Preto (1 hour) is Mariana, another colonial town, it can be a day-trip.

If you like art, and you are already going to be in the state of Minas Gerais, you may consider Inhotim art park + gardens (also look at the reviews here in TP):

www.inhotim.org.br/index.php/p/v/209-248

More beaches? If you are traveling from Parati to São Paulo, there are a lot good beaches on the coastal road. The whole area is called "Litoral Norte" (the north shore of São Paulo). It is the weekend/holiday get away for locals and there are beaches with different profiles, each attracting specific crowds. Examples are Maresias, Camburi, Juqueí, Barra do Saí, Ilhabela (an island with many beaches) and so on.

2. Re: Florianopolis Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Florianopolis