We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barra da Lagoa in April or March?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Barra da Lagoa in April or March?

Hi Everyone!

Am planning to go to barra da lagoa either in march (begining of march) or april (1st week of april) the thing is if i go in march i will go alone but if i wait to april a friend of mine will join, i wanted to ask some question please so i can make up my mind and would appreciate if anyone can help..

1- Is the nightlife in april in praia mole/Barra da Lagoa dead? or will i still find clubs and beach parties ...etc

2- Is the weather in april already too cold for swimming and enjoying the beach?

and finally if i go in march alone, is praia mole/barra da lagoa a good place to meet people...etc like most surf town or is it a bit different?

thanks!

Florianopolis, SC
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barra da Lagoa in April or March?

Well, the high season is actually january and february. In March most tourists have already gone home, it's when university classes begin and people get back to work.

So I believe there won't be a big difference between March and April in terms of number of people on the beach... I'm not sure about beach parties though... But you can always find night clubs downtown, which are open all year round.

The weather in the first week of April is still good for beach-going. April has the advantage of being less rainy than March.

Since you have the option of coming in the first week of April, I suggest you arrive a few days earlier for the Easter Holiday on March 28. There will be a lot of people on the beaches because of this holiday, and the big clubs will throw parties.

Edited: 6:08 pm, January 26, 2013
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barra da Lagoa in April or March?

Thanks a lot for the info and tips. Yes checking around it seems that i will be able to still get some good night life in april..

Do you have suggestions on which beach to stay on? am most probably going to stay at praia mole, is this area any good?

Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barra da Lagoa in April or March?

ah sorry on more question, i want to check out Warung beach club too..do you know it? if so...is it hard to get to from praia mole? how far is it...because everyone says its in the middle of nowhere! :)

Florianopolis, SC
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Barra da Lagoa in April or March?

Warung beach club is in another city, Itajaí. It's about one hour away from Florianopolis by car. I've never been there, but it's very famous.

Other famous clubs with electronic music are Green Valley and Space, both in Balneario Camboriu. Space is part of the same Space group in Ibiza, Spain. It's their first franchise in the Americas.

By the way, if you like night life, you should not miss Balneario Camboriu, which is just 30 minutes away from Florianopolis by car.

Praia Mole is great. A lot of young, beautiful people. The sand is very soft, that's why it's called "praia mole", which means soft beach in Portuguese.

But you should not limit yourself to one beach only. Rent a car and go visit other places. There are some great beaches outside Floripa in neighboring cities. Visit the night clubs in Balneario Camboriu, like Green Valley, Space and also Warung in Itajaí.

But check out their schedule first, so you make sure that they are open when you come... Cuz I don't know if these clubs open every week... You need to see their calendar on their websites!

Edited: 6:44 pm, January 27, 2013
5. Re: Barra da Lagoa in April or March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Florianopolis