My wife and are both in our early 60s and considering retiring to Brazil or at least spending three to six months a year there. We now live in NJ and will be vacationing four weeks from May 11 to June 6 in Florianopolis this year. Our pousada is on the Ingleses Beach (towards the Santinho Beach) and we plan to rent a car for the time we’ll be there. Have a few thoughts/questions to throw out:
1. Should we rent the car at the Airport or any suggestions for somewhere less expensive?
2. We do have a list of real estate brokers from guiafloripa.com.br/servicos/imobiliaria.php3 which does show those who speak English. Any other recommendations or suggestions?
3. Best legal place to exchange American Travelers Checks in Floripa. Or an alternate method of exchanging US dollars for Brazilian Reais while in Brazil.
4. We know we’ll be coming down during the winter but hopefully we will combine a nice vacation with looking at future retirement property.
5. If possible, we will try to start on our CPF during this vist. We do have friends in San Paulo where it can be sent.