We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floripa Question: beach, surf, sand dunes, good location

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Floripa Question: beach, surf, sand dunes, good location

Hi,

My husband and I are 29 and looking for recommendations on where to stay. We are from NY and will be spending 4 nights in Rio then coming to Floripa for 3 days during the weekend in March. Looking for recommendations on where to stay.

Looking for Hotel or Guesthouse that is walking distance to the beach and restaurants, clean, price below $250R per night, close to beach & surf (beginner to intermediate) and close driving distance to Sandsurfing. It would be nice to be in a lively fun area.

I heard that Praia Mole is the place to be for restaurants and good surf, but it looks like there are only two hotels there which are Praia Mole Eco Village and Pousada Bangalos da Mole. Does anyone know of others besides these or would they recommend one of these? Or should we look at a different location like Jurere?

Help please!

Mentioned in this post
Praia Mole
Praia Mole
3,909 Reviews
Florianopolis, SC
Florianopolis, SC
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Floripa Question: beach, surf, sand dunes, good location

There's a hostel in Praia Mole called Backpackers Floripa where many foreigners stay. Praia Mole / Lagoa da Conceição is a good option because you will be close to the sand dunes of Joaquina Beach. It's a lively area, many young people.

Mentioned in this post
Praia Mole
Praia Mole
3,909 Reviews
Florianopolis, SC
Joaquina Beach
Joaquina Beach
6,308 Reviews
Florianopolis, SC
Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
42 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floripa Question: beach, surf, sand dunes, good location

Hi, I would recommend staying near Juaquina. It is a beautiful beach (one of my favorites in the world) and I believe you can dune surf there as well. Lagoa is just a quick trip away, and I think there are many pousada options there. Jurere is nice, but think Naples or Key Biscane Miami. It is more of a family place for upper class Brazilians and far from the open surf beaches. It is also expensive. Sorry I don't have a specific hotel name for you. We now have a baby so our travel style has changed. ;) Good luck!

Florianopolis
Level Contributor
112 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Floripa Question: beach, surf, sand dunes, good location

Although the Praia Mole Eco Village and the Bangalos da Mole are not charming hotels, they do have the best location, beachfront to Praia Mole. Jurere is totally another vibe, and not so lively in March. For me, Praia Mole is the best beach location, with the additional advantage that it is the closest beach to the Lagoa da Conceição town, the charming town center on the beach side of the island. Between these 2 hotels options, i would go with the Bangalos da Mole: http://www.bangalosdamole.com

Mentioned in this post
Praia Mole
Praia Mole
3,909 Reviews
Florianopolis, SC
Jurere
Jurere
Florianopolis, SC
4. Re: Floripa Question: beach, surf, sand dunes, good location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, June 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Florianopolis