We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Floripa - where to stay?

Prague, Czech...
13 posts
Save Topic
3 days in Floripa - where to stay?

Hello,

me and my wife plan to stay in Floripa from 24 to 28 March.

During the day we would like to spend time on some nice beach (Mole beach should be nice and not overcrowded), before night we would like to go to the city, see the bridge. If you've got some interesting tips what to see there.

We are looking for accomodation near Mole beach, than maybye to rent a bike or car?? Could you help me to plan these 3 days? I'm not sure whether it is better to live in some hotel in center and than to trave to beach (by car / taxi) or to find accomodation near the mole beach and than try to go to the city in the evening.

Thank you!!

Petr from Czech Republic (Europe, Prague)

Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Floripa - where to stay?

dear sir

i reccomended to you to stay in center i n a hotel and use a taxi to praia mole(around 40 reais one way)

a comfortable hotel is near the cathedral (cecomtur hotel)

Rome
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Floripa - where to stay?

I recommend a boat trip to the beautiful tiny Campeche island. Its amazing beach is too beautiful to describe. Boat leave from Armaçao

Edited: 1:14 pm, March 06, 2011
Florianopolis, SC
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Floripa - where to stay?

You probably do not want to ride a bike, since there are long distances between beaches and from any of those to the city center, where the bridge is, and the roads are not bike friendly (lots of hills and no decent shoulder in many places). A car would be much better, since you will find yourself easily driving over 250 km during this period, IMHO (the island is 80 km long north to south, and 30 km wide). You will probably get better value for your money at Barra da Lagoa or Jurere Tradicional beaches, instead of Mole, but I may be wrong on that . The timing is perfect, I live in Floripa and the second half of March is the best - you beat the crowds, get more reasonable prices, and less rain too.

Enjoy!

Paulo

Floripa, SC
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Floripa - where to stay?

Floripa has long distances and heavy traffic so if you're willing to enjoy the beaches, I recommend you to get a hotel at the beach. Hotels at Lagoa da Conceição are near Praia Mole and you get lots of options for restaurants, bars, nightlife and services at walking distance. Praia Mole is a little far walking and there's a big hill in the way, so a car may be nice. Specially if you plan to visit other parts of the island.

5. Re: 3 days in Floripa - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Florianopolis