We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florianapolis

San Ramon, Ca
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Florianapolis

If you have experienced Florianapolis, I would apprecaite hearing from you. I am thinking of spending a few days there. when I travel to Argentina/ Brazil later this year.

Is it worth it? Any travel suggestions? Hotels? Restuarants?

london
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Florianapolis

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, we were just worried having read another mail on trip advisor that the price of taxis could mount up every day from there and that the hotel wasn't that nice (ants etc!).

Do you think the Pria Mole Park Hotel is a good choice, are there other choices in the area?

What other beaches/clubs/bars etc should be on our hit list?

thx

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Florianapolis

Hi there. I was actually the one who posted the Praia Mole Park Hotel review that you are referencing. If you are going to spend a lot of time at the beach, you can't beat the location. It's literally accross the street from Praia Mole. It's not a bad hotel, but it is a little overpriced for what you get, IMO. If you don't speak a lot of Portuguese, it's a good place to stay since most of the staff speak English and they can help you with restaurant reservations, calling a cab, renting a car, etc. If you speak Portuguese, you may want to look into a Pousada. Here is a good Web site with lots of information on Pousadas in Floirpa: guiafloripa.com.br/servicos/pousadas1.php3

Good luck!

West virginia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Florianapolis

I lived there for a year and would say it it worth it visit this beautoful place. Find a local that can show you the real Florianoplis. There is so much to see and do. You just have to know where to go and when to go. If you would like to talk to me about the area write me at mtrmarlowe@ aol.com. Michael

Get answers to your questions about Florianopolis