We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV's in Alpine

Which Alpine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
218 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
ATV's in Alpine

Planning our stay, over the 4th, in Alpine. I am considering trailering a couple of atv's with us as we have been told there are quite a few atv trails that are normally snowmobile trails in the winter. Is this true? Are there as many atv trails as snowmobile trails? What are the restrictions for riding these trails? Will my AZ atv tagged with an OHV sticker be legal in WY?

Any light you guys might shed on this will be appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
5,606 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV's in Alpine

no real answers, but years ago my husband and friend took ours from Iowa out west. They were "tuned" if that is the right word, for lower altitude and ran very poorly.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV's in Alpine

Here is a link/review which may start you in the right direction - I don't ATV, but it looks like you will need a new license which can easily be taken care of. I would assume that there are plenty of trails as long as you stay in the National Forest and don't creep into Wilderness where they are not allowed. Alpine is a great place to do this type of activity.I have friends who live in this area just so they can do this exact thing when they can't snowmobile or ride around in their golf cart to play at the course.

atvriders.com/articles/alpine-wyoming-2012-s…

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
218 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATV's in Alpine

Thanks for the replies. I don't think I should have any problems with the altitude as I think I can make adjustments on the fly. The WY sticker requirement is news to me but I'm not surprised as a lot of states are hunting revenue these days and looking for every opportunity.

Thanks very much for the info. Looking forward to my first time in this part of WY.

Utah
Level Contributor
533 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATV's in Alpine

I will be in Alpine over the 4th also. Where can I stop and buy a Wyoming sticker for my Side X Side?

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATV's in Alpine

Visitors Center in Jackson, located just north of town.

Reply to: ATV's in Alpine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alpine