We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Natal for World Cup 2014

Which Natal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Natal for World Cup 2014

Natal is one of the host cities for the World Cup next summer. I'm heading down in June 2014 with three other friends and we chose Natal from all of the other host cities. I have been trying to email hotels and private condo owners, but all have been reluctant to book this far in advance. It seems as though they are waiting to see how high rates might go as we get closer to the event. I'm looking for input or recommendations on a good hotel or a good rental-by-owner website that is trustworthy. I'm a little apprehensive about the rental-by-owner concept at this point. For an event of this size, with people coming in from all over the world, it seems like it could be an easy target for scammers.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
731 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Natal for World Cup 2014

i am really liking a lot of things i read about natal. the latest plan has us doing fortaleza and natal in the northeast. might add salvador. going to skip recife (unless US plays there)

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Natal for World Cup 2014

Just got confirmation for all 4 group games in Natal! So happy! !!!

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Natal for World Cup 2014

Martin how many tickets for each game did you manage to get?

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Natal for World Cup 2014

Only one ticket...going down there solo from Newfoundland.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Natal for World Cup 2014

The draw worked out great for US fans who are staying in Natal! Lucky we picked Natal as our destination since we'll be able to catch their first game vs. Ghana. We can always zip down to the other US game in Recife too (and not have to take a flight). Not bad getting to see Mexico play from our region, and then Uruguay / Italy too!

Edited: 4:14 pm, December 06, 2013
Napa, California
Level Contributor
217 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Natal for World Cup 2014

not sure about that. Natal to Manaus to Recife. way too much internal travel to follow the team.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Natal for World Cup 2014

Definitely not going to the Manau game. We already had plans to stay in Natal, so having US games in Natal and Recife is what works so well.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Natal for World Cup 2014

I have to make my way to Natal from Recife on June 21 st. (Have a hotel booked). A search on Expedia shows one flight that is 4:45 hrs with a stop in Fortaleza for $ 276 Canadian. Operated by TAM. A bus trip is about the same time but only about $50. The Brazil bus site (Progresso?) will not allow me to purchase past February. Any other options? Should I just book the flight? Silly that a flight that should only take 45 minutes has to be 4: 45.

thank you

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Natal for World Cup 2014

Canadian and US travellers: make sure you have your visas issued by the local Brazilian consulate, so that you can come to the World Cup in 2014.

Brazil is exceptionally exempting US and Canadian spectators from the visa fee, but the visa is necessary. Therefore, you'll need to submit your visa application.

A map showing the jurisdiction of Brazilian consulates in the US: http://tinyurl.com/kdv5zn6

1) Chicago: chicago.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/‎

2) Boston: boston.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/

3) Hartford, CT: hartford.itamaraty.gov.br/‎

4) New York: novayork.itamaraty.gov.br/‎

5) Washington D.C.: cgwashington.itamaraty.gov.br/‎

6) Atlanta: atlanta.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/visas.xml‎

7) Miami: miami.itamaraty.gov.br/‎

8) Houston: houston.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/

9) Los Angeles: losangeles.itamaraty.gov.br/‎

10) San Francisco: saofrancisco.itamaraty.gov.br/‎

Canada information:

EMBASSY OF BRAZIL IN OTTAWA

Jurisdiction: Capital National region only.

CONSULATE GENERAL OF BRAZIL IN MONTREAL

http://www.consbrasmontreal.org

Jurisdiction: Quebec (except the Capital National region), New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.

CONSULATE GENERAL OF BRAZIL IN TORONTO

http://www.consbrastoronto.org

Jurisdiction: Ontario (except the Capital National region), Manitoba and Nunavut.

CONSULATE GENERAL OF BRAZIL IN VANCOUVER

vancouver.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/Main.xml

Jurisdiction: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon and the Northwest Territories.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,252 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Natal for World Cup 2014

truenorth,

did u try Azul? it has nonstops:

https:/…

the problem with expedia and other foreign-based travel sites is that they often do not show all 4 major Brazilian airlines... it takes longer, but make sure you check all of TAM, Gol, Azul and Avianca Brasil.

and, btw, locals consider Azul the best airline (by far),,, but not sure how friendly website is for non-locals.