We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Natal: Where to stay, what to do, how much to spend...???

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Natal: Where to stay, what to do, how much to spend...???

Hello everyone!

My wife and I are planning a 6-day stay around Natal in February of next year.

I hear that most of the attractions are outside of the city, and that it is best to hire a car to be able to do all of the attractions over the whole stay... We are not after a 5 star resort, just somewhere clean and safe. As we are very active individuals, so a bit of adrenaline would be good too!

Could anyone please provide me with ideas of where to stay, what to do, and how much to spend?

Many thanks,

Carlos

Mentioned in this post
Natal
Natal
State of Rio Grande do Norte
Maragogi, AL
Destination Expert
for Maragogi, Maceio, Porto de Galinhas, Recife, Japaratinga, Tamandare, Costa dos Corais
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Natal: Where to stay, what to do, how much to spend...???

Have you thought of flying from Natal to Fernando de Noronha?

Mentioned in this post
Natal
Natal
Fernando de Noronha
Fernando de Noronha
State of Pernambuco
London
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Natal: Where to stay, what to do, how much to spend...???

Great suggestion, BUT that would be far too expensive. I was thinking more about the activities around Natal, which are a short drive away.

I will be flying out from Sao Paulo, where will be staying both before and after this trip.

To be honest, this trip doesn't have to be in Natal. We just thought it would be nice - we've already been to Salvador. We thought Natal would be an equally fun place to go to, with both history, activities and a beach.

Many thanks.

Carlos

Mentioned in this post
Natal
Natal
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
State of Sao Paulo
Salvador
Salvador
State of Bahia
Maragogi, AL
Destination Expert
for Maragogi, Maceio, Porto de Galinhas, Recife, Japaratinga, Tamandare, Costa dos Corais
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Natal: Where to stay, what to do, how much to spend...???

Carlos:

Thanks for the additional infromation. I guess the next question is when in February since Carnaval is Feb. 18 - 22. That is a tough time to travel. If you are going to come at the beginning of February, then I suggest Recife. I love the pre-carnaval celebrations both in the old part of Recife (Recife Velho) as well as the historical city of Olinda that is right next to Recife. After about three days of day and night activity, I suggest coming to Maragogi. It is a two hour ride to the south of Recife. There you will be able to find good three star accomodations and access to the second largest system of reefs in the world with fantastic natural pools. Obviously, I am prejudiced, living here most of the year now. But, knowing Natal, I think you will be disappointed. If you want we can talk more about this. Just let me know.

Mentioned in this post
Recife
Recife
State of Pernambuco
Olinda
Olinda
State of Pernambuco
Maragogi
Maragogi
State of Alagoas
4. Re: Natal: Where to stay, what to do, how much to spend...???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 am, June 23, 2013