We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May Weather

Which Natal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
May Weather

My boyfriend and I are going to Brazil on honeymoon next May and are a little concerned about the weather in Natal. We are well aware that it is the rainy season..but is it continuous rain or just a few hours in the evening? I have seen there are beautiful beaches..is it actually beach weather in May?

Thanks for any help

Daniela

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: May Weather

Porto de Galinhas: just 2 full days.

Olinda: 1 full day (and night)

Natal: 2 or 3 days (one to the Jenipabu or Genipabu tour by buggy).

I´d dedicate 3 for Pipa and 6 for Noronha.

Malta
Level Contributor
157 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: May Weather

And will the weather be ok to have fun in all of these places? For example if it is not beach weather in Galinhas, is there anything else to do?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: May Weather

Of course the beach is the main attraction and there is not so many things to do "beyond" it.

But as I´ve already said, even if it rains, don´t worry because it is very rare the occurrence of 2 or 3 consecutive raining days... so, it won´t damage your trip.

Maragogi, AL
Destination Expert
for Maragogi, Maceio, Porto de Galinhas, Recife, Japaratinga, Tamandare, Costa dos Corais
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: May Weather

I know very few people who stay five or six days in Noronha UNLESS they have a lot of money and love to scuba dive. For the rest of us mortals three full days is more than enough.

Porto de Galinhas and environs has great beaches from Enseada dos Corais to the north of Guibu to Maracaipe to the south.. At the end of May, the weather can really influence your stay. for a few days. For the most part it is low-season and is pretty empty.

But don't miss Olinda!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: May Weather

Yes BB, Noronha is even more wonderful if you are a scuba diver, and maybe that does a strong influence in my advice.

But, I´d like to say to Dan, that even among most of my family and my friends that doens´t share the deep sea passion with me, Noronha is much more beloved than Porto de Galinhas a beautiful (but not awesome in my opinion) seaside resort area.

Maybe 6 days could be a lot if you don´t dive, I agree, but with only 3 days you certainly have the sensation that "something was left in the island..."

16. Re: May Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, December 24, 2012