We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football matches 09/02 - 12/02

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Football matches 09/02 - 12/02

Hi all

Its just over a week until we fly to Brazil now and I'm really excited. Thanks for all your wonderful advice over the past few months. I hope you can help me out one last time.

It would make my husbands holiday to catch a football match whilst we are in Rio (09/02/07 - 12/02/07). Does anyone have any good tips on how I can find out about fixtures and go about actually booking tickets?

Many thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
683 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football matches 09/02 - 12/02

See my post with further details at the following link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303506-i1199-k973…

It looks like you have the following options for that time period.

Sat 10: Fluminense v America - Maracana - 20.30 (CC)

Sun 11: Vasco v Volta Redonda - Sao Januario - 16.00 (CC)

Sun 11: Botafogo v Flamengo - Maracana - 18.10 (CC)

Botafogo v Flamengo would be a good one to see.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Football matches 09/02 - 12/02

there is a tour company called the real rio. www.therealrio.com and they can take you there. They have the fixtures on there web site, and it only costs about 40reals.Hope this helps

UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Football matches 09/02 - 12/02

Hi JohnnyD & Scatta

Thanks for your help. I have got in touch with therealrio and I'm well on my way to my first brazillian football match! The website looks really good and I'm hoping to speak to them about a few other things to do whilst we are in Rio.

Thanks again.

4. Re: Football matches 09/02 - 12/02

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro