We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP. Ne1 looking 4 xtra body 2 split apartment $ 4 Carnival

NORTHEAST
6 posts
Save Topic
HELP. Ne1 looking 4 xtra body 2 split apartment $ 4 Carnival

Good day all!

I guess I really shot myself in the foot! I booked a last minute type trip to Brasil and of course, obviously, looking for accomodations now is just insane. I spent a long time on hostelworld, to no avail. Well, I just can´t bring myself to pay $50US per night for a 8 bed hostel room, ok, maybe $30US max. And also, most places are booked out anyway. I honestly didn´t really predict it being this extreme, I figured even still in such a large city there´d still be some reasonable finds despite.

I´ve been in Argentina as part of my SA travel. I have my plane tickets and visa and my accomodations elsewhere booked in Brasil, just not Rio.

I have received a couple emails from apartment places but they basically said short and sweet that it´d be too expensive as I am travelling by myself.

I´m a male, early 30´s from the States travelling on my own, so this stinks I guess when you come across these situations where it´s best to book an apartment and share the cost with others.

Well of course, I began searching forums to desperately seek some help. Figuring maybe there´d be some others in sort of the same type of predicament.

I get into Rio around the 13thFeb and leave the 22ndFeb. Of course the key dates are the ones with the jacked up rates, apprx. 14th-22th. I can deal with a day or two staying elsewhere.

I did read some posts sort of similar, people looking to share a cheap apartment and I did email them just today, but of course, their posts are about a couple months old so quite likely they already found someone else, but hey, you never know. And also, in this situation, I need to open the chances even more, therefore this seperate post out to the world of anyone in Rio that may be looking to have an extra body to split the costs.

Of course, obviously, seeing this post goes out to the world, please no replies from lunatics or others who may have some strange types of plans. I can smell this from miles away. Can´t be wasting the time. Just sincere replies of course.

And myself, no need to worry about me. You´ll barely know I´m there. I´m not messy, I´m very respectful, trustworthy, dependable, nice, outgoing and all that jazz! ;)

So any help would be appreciated, else looks like I may be either skipping Rio altogether :( or staying at one of the campsites listed in my guidebook!

And I suppose, preferably someone who already has an apartment lined up and just wants to lower costs more. At this time, I can´t really see myself booking the apartment. Much easier to just add in with someone who already has a place booked.

I know, I just know there has to be someone out there. Of all the people renting apartments in Rio at Carnival and the many who read here. I more than likely will be posting at another forum as well.

I´ll be more than grateful of course, and aside from share of the cost of the place, for sure I´ll do the kind thing like a dinner or a few drinks, just to say thanks. Hey, it´s only right.

Ok, thanks again!

:)

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP. Ne1 looking 4 xtra body 2 split apartment $ 4 Carnival

Rent flat in Rio has a studio that goes for $35 a night. It's worth check into.

This is the listing for it..(i've never seen it..so I can't comment on it)

http://www.rentflatinrio.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1&CategoryID=1&Category2ID=7&Category3=Studio’s&List=0&Level=3&ProductID=4

NORTHEAST
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP. Ne1 looking 4 xtra body 2 split apartment $ 4 Carnival

Hey thanks a bunch! I didn´t come across that site.

Ok, so I just emailed them, see what happens.

Thanks again!

:)

NORTHEAST
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP. Ne1 looking 4 xtra body 2 split apartment $ 4 Carnival

P.S., by the way, I assume that company is a good, legit company. Is this so? Just want to be safe. Anybody rent from them before?

Thanks. ;)

NORTHEAST
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP. Ne1 looking 4 xtra body 2 split apartment $ 4 Carnival

Heard back from that company. They tripled the price. Oh well.

I also emailed 25 other apartment places last night. Heard back from 15. For a studio for 10 days, between $1000US-$1800US! So that´s out.

I might consider one B&B for about $400 for the 10days! In comparison to what I´ve been finding, even with hostels, looks like a decent deal but it´s a bit far off. Yes, I do need to keep in mind it is this big Carnival event after all, so with that perspective, I suppose $40US per night is after decent.

Well, I´ll see if anyone responds here within the next couple days, if nothing, I´ll go with that place or last resort, a hostel.

Thanks again for any help! :)

Bocas Town, Panama
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP. Ne1 looking 4 xtra body 2 split apartment $ 4 Carnival

Hi, I have an apartment rented in Rio from 2/15-3/13. It is a one bedroom apartment that is really nice in a safe area close to everything. I am paying a huge amount. You would be sleeping on the converter sofa. I am also clean, a non smoker, professional from the states who would also like someone to share the apartment and also meet a new friend. Call me if interested and we can discuss it. My number is 337-540-0530. Hope to hear from you soon, RR

6. Re: HELP. Ne1 looking 4 xtra body 2 split apartment $ 4 Carnival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro