We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guest Policies at Ipanema Tower

USA
13 posts
Save Topic
Guest Policies at Ipanema Tower

Anyone know of the guest policy at Ipanema Tower? My friend and I plan to go out to clubs, etc.. and if we happen to meet nice, decent girls during our stay, so much the better. However I have heard some hotels refuse guests from visiting, is this the case with Ipanema Tower?

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guest Policies at Ipanema Tower

why don't you ask the hotel--tell them you have a girlfriend in town from previous visits?.....when you reserve your room you might wish to make the reservation for 2 people rather than 1, provided there is no additional charge. The other option would be for you to rent an apartment/condo for the week rather than a hotel so you do not need to deal with hotel policies and/or pay additional guest fees.

USA
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Guest Policies at Ipanema Tower

The Tower is an apart-hotel so I assume their policies are not as strict the same as a hotel? I called them and they told me it is ok. However I received a mixed response to the same question from the booking agency - they told me it would be up to the concierge.

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guest Policies at Ipanema Tower

The booking agency is not going to know more than the hotel; if they said it was OK than it is. The concierge is not going to act as a gatekeeper.

DJ
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guest Policies at Ipanema Tower

Worse case scenario, you have to go to a motel for $20. Have you heard of or read about the "Motels de amore"?

Sounds like a good compromise. The benefits of having guests register is that someone is watching your back in case she slips you a Mickey.

USA
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Guest Policies at Ipanema Tower

True about the registration, I thought about that as well. Any particular behaviour to watch out for to prevent Mickeys?

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guest Policies at Ipanema Tower

Particular behavior?....common sense usually works for me...you can start by NOT hanging out on the streets of Copacabana at 2AM trying to score drugs or pay for play...you can start by keeping your drink in your hand at all times...even better strategy for what you intend to pursue is to take care of meeting your 'guests' at the establishments where they work and then going home afterwards, alone, for a drink or dinner...why invite a guest who you do not know particularly well, if at all, back to where you are staying--there are plenty of places you can visit, take care of 'business', and then leave safely. You may want to invest $20 or $25 by becoming a member over at Clubhombre.com--everything you need to know is discussed there, along with the Bible of all trip reports from a gentleman named Bwana.

USA
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Guest Policies at Ipanema Tower

Although it might be fun, we are not that interested in meeting girls 'on the program', but rather just fun girls to have a good time with, to dance and to go to the beach, etc... If it so happens they want to spend the night, we won't mind! :)) Or is such a thing non-existant in Rio? :)))

What are some recommendations for meeting girls who speak English? From what I've experienced 7 years ago, not too many people speak English in Rio. This may be a hard question to answer, but are there certain places to go where the percentage who speak English is higher?

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guest Policies at Ipanema Tower

If you reserve a room for 2 people, the 2nd person usually will have to fill out the same paperwork you do upon arrival. Generally it's not a good idea to do that, because they can then access your room with or without you. I don't know if that's the case at the Tower.

I think you are being paranoid about their guest policy, as long as you don't show up at 3 am with a Diddy-esque entourage you won't have a problem.

As for the english speaking girls, go shopping. Many of the girls that work in the boutiques are stunningly beautiful and will speak a little english. Plus, they'll tell you about good clubs and stuff; very hospitable people.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guest Policies at Ipanema Tower

There's a thread that DJ or Darmanad responded to 1 or 2 pages back...I believe they recommended the Lapa and Barra areas as well as Lord Jims and Shenaningans in Ipanema, among others.

USA
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Guest Policies at Ipanema Tower

Thanks for the recommendations, I found the previous posts by DJ.