We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Plane Tickets Using Gol- Help!!!

Washington DC...
5 posts
Save Topic
Buying Plane Tickets Using Gol- Help!!!

Hello again,

Thanks again to everyone that responded to my earlier posts. The information has been extremely helpful. I have yet another question (sorry!). I am trying to purchase tickets from Rio to Salvador using Gol's website, but I can't for some reason. It won't accept my credit card. It says that I need a CPF number, but I have NO IDEA what that is. I heard that they won't accept foreign Visa cards, so I tried MasterCard to no avail. What do I need to do? I'm leaving on October 19, and this is the last purchase that I need to make before I leave. I'm super-paranoid that I won't get a good flight, so I'd like to get something ASAP. Any advice would help!

London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Plane Tickets Using Gol- Help!!!

I heard that GOL only take American Express from non residents..

CPF number is an ID number given to Brazilians so you probably won't have one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Plane Tickets Using Gol- Help!!!

Read This

voegol.com.br/INT/…InfoPagamento.asp

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
683 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Plane Tickets Using Gol- Help!!!

Gol only accepts AMEX for credit cards not issued in Brazil.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Plane Tickets Using Gol- Help!!!

Cash or Amex going in Nov emailed then from the office, had it translatedwe only accept cash or an "International" Amex credit card --called Amex and was told there is only one Amex card

The fares are so low it may be best to carry the cash our fares are less than $1000.00 Real return

not much at todays exchange rates

london england
Level Contributor
15 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Plane Tickets Using Gol- Help!!!

it will cost you a little extra but purchase from your amex or your local bureau de change a amex travel cheque card you can load $3000 us on at a time and its a amex card that can then be used at atm and amex excepting store and hotels .

and it is great if lost or stolen they replace it and you can easily relaod it anywhere in the world on the net or by phone.

and best of all i bought my gol tickets with it so good luck

san francisco
Level Contributor
51 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Plane Tickets Using Gol- Help!!!

I have tried to buy gol tickets also using amex but it still doesn't work. In the end, I had to get my friends in brazil to buy them for me. If you don't have someone the otherway is to call them (use skype) and book it over the phone. You need to speak portuguese or get someone who does.

BTW- I found webjet (webjet.com.br) has insanely low prices between these spots. They only go once a day but it's about half the price of gol.

7. Re: Buying Plane Tickets Using Gol- Help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, August 24, 2009