We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a few more days now until my holiday ;-) !!!!

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just a few more days now until my holiday ;-) !!!!

Now well and truly in that excited (but slightly tense) stage with just a few more days until my month-long holiday in South America - I leave this coming Sunday.

If anyone has got any last minute tips/suggestions etc such as places not to miss, things I must do etc then please post them here !

My itinerary is as follows :

1 night - Madrid

2 nights - Antigua Miraflores, Lima

3 nights - Refugio Amazonas

1 night - Casa Andina Catedral, Cuzco

1 night - Pueblos hotel, Machu Picchu

2 nights - Casa Andina Catedral, Cuzco

Cross-Andes train to Puno

1 night - Posada del Inca, Puno

1 night - Estancia Ecolodge, Isla del Sol

2 nights - Presidente Hotel, La Paz

4 nights - Copacabana Palace, Rio

2 nights - Tropical das Cataratas, Iguassu

3 nights - Alvear Palace, Buenos Aires

3 nights - El Ombu de Areco estancia

I'll try and keep a diary of sorts as I go, so hopefully I'll be able to post some reviews etc when I get back.

Wish me bon voyage !! ;-)

Simon

Houston-Lisbon-Rio...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a few more days now until my holiday ;-) !!!!

Greetings,

No last minute suggestions as such. You itinerary looks very ambitious and certainly apprears to cover many wonderful South American venues.

I only want to extend to you my best wishes for a safe and exciting trip.

Make sure you take lots of photos which you can later post here at Trip Advisor so we may all see how cool your trip was!

Safe travels,

George B.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
683 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a few more days now until my holiday ;-) !!!!

Nice trip. Only the best hotels I see. Where can I get a job like yours!

Seriously though you have a heck of a trip ahead of you. You'll be well and tired out after that! Of course, there are plenty of more destinations in South America to see. Although Amazon is definitely one of those big name destinations, I think that lots of people prefer Pantanal over the Amazon. Many people I know that visited are just put off a bit by the roughness factor of the Amazon. You shouldn't be expecting much from your hotel & facilities there. Just remember that going in. Pantanal is like going on safari in Africa with all of the wildlife but just a different environment. Everyone had good things to say about Pantanal. One amazing place not on your list is Fernando de Noronha, which is an island off the NE coast of Brazil. Absolutely beautiful with some of the best diving in the world.

Have fun!

3. Re: Just a few more days now until my holiday ;-) !!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 20, 2009