We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Fares to Rio, fall of 2014

Thompsonville...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air Fares to Rio, fall of 2014

Planning a visit to Rio from Michigan in October of 2014. Now that the World Cup is over, are air fares likely to decrease? How far in advance shoould you book your flight to get your best rate?

Rio de Janeiro
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
2,774 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Fares to Rio, fall of 2014

US$1300 United Airlines.

DTT - Houston - RIO

RIO - Houston - DTT

BR

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Fares to Rio, fall of 2014

It's very likely that they will decrease, but flights to Brazil are usually expensive. I usually book my flights from Rio to the US three or four months in advance. Best thing is to use multiple-search engines and to be open to connections (there are regular non-stop flights from Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, Chartlotte, Newark, JFK to Rio).

I got a deal last year for Rio - ATL - Newark - US$ 699 the round-trip.

Many times it's cheaper to connect in São Paulo, which has more flights to the US, including a regular Detroit one.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Fares to Rio, fall of 2014

Depending on how long can you stay maybe one idea to do a multi stop, arrive in São Paulo non-stop by Delta . Stay like 2/3 days in SP to see the main attractions. After SP, you can go to the north seashore of the state including ilhabela for example. After Ilhabela you can go to Paraty and after Paraty finish in Rio. After that return to detroit by any flight combination.

If you are planning to go to other places like the iguazu falls, you can do a trip like Detroit - São Paulo - Falls - Rio - Detroit.

Just some ideas.

Rio de Janeiro
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
2,774 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Fares to Rio, fall of 2014

US$1.3K round trip is a good deal.

I don't think that you can get a better price.

BR

5. Re: Air Fares to Rio, fall of 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 20, 2015