I will be heading to Rio ( 4 days - Sunday evening to Friday lunch time) in the next coming weeks, on a family trip which will include a 3.5 years old toddler.
I know my way around Rio from an adult's perspective and always with no more than 2 people including me. This time around we will be 5 adults and one child so I need some
field expertise to make sure everyone is happy and we don't end up not maximising our stay.
We will be staying in Rua Gomes Carneiro - near posto 8
1) Any suggestions to keep the toddler happy and entertained so that she doesn't get too bored doing sightseeing and visiting tourist attractions the whole day ( i.e. public playgrounds, places where she can interact/play with other kids, children centre ) ?
2) In my previous trips I was quite flexible in terms of transportation ( cab, bus, local white/green minivans you name it) but this time around we will need to be more organised. I don't feel like hiring 2 cabs each time we want to go somewhere, but what are other alternative
solutions, is it possible to call a radio-taxi and request a van that will fit 5 + passengers ? I'm mainly thinking of when we will hire a cab for the "Cristo Rei", or Barra da Tijuca or any other destination that require easy and quick commuting.
3) What are the current fares for Pao de Acucar ( Sugar Loaf) and Corcovado ?
4 ) When I went to S. Paulo I loved visiting and sampling the food in the Mercado Municipal. Is there anything similar in Rio. I mean a great food market, where one can find brazilian fruits, vegetables, meat , fish etc ( ?) I heard about "Feira Nordestina" but not sure if there are others closer to "Zona Sul" where we will be staying.
5) We're thinking of doing a day trip - most certainly Angra dos Reis ( bus - boat, snorkeling, island hopping etc...), once again it has been a while since I last did one of these trips so I would like to know how much this is likely to cost per person, and whether or not
you could suggest possible local agencies we can use?
6) Any spa centers in Ipanema near/around our location you can recommend ? I know Copacabana palace and Fasanus have their own, but don't really feel like paying their inflated prices.
Thanks in advance !