We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of this tour guide in Rio

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beware of this tour guide in Rio

I have booked a private tour guide Rodrigo Quintella through Viator for a one day tour in Rio few weeks ago. We were waiting at the port terminal for the pick up on the day. After waiting for half an hour, no one show up. We have to call him and find out that his car was broken down. I know he has 2 cars from his website, one is a SUV and another one is a mini bus. We have pre-arranged to book the mini bus for our tour. I really doubt that both of his cars were broken down at the same time.

We only stayed in Rio for one day, and rely on him to give us the tour. We were so disappointed and frustrated to learn that our tour was cancelled. So beware if you want to book the tour with him.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
18,787 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of this tour guide in Rio

Sorry to hear this. I hope you were able to see some of Rio on your own.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of this tour guide in Rio

End up we found a taxi which was parked outside the terminal to give us a ride to see the Christ Redeemer, Sugar Loaf mountain, Botanical garden, the famous beach and some city tour. Rio is a scenic city. We love it.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
18,787 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware of this tour guide in Rio

That's great news.

"All's well that ends well."

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware of this tour guide in Rio

Unfortunately what is not said is true. I received the lady who accuses me with lies. they do not want to pay the agreed amount. I said I could not do.

I lost my day of service and other customers that stopped providing services.

You can see both of those services actually made me in www.travel4rio.com

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware of this tour guide in Rio

This not true . I dont accept bargain price when we have agremment . This high season its impossible to make this in the time. Take a look in the report rewiews of many others clients in my blog.

Rio de Janeiro
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware of this tour guide in Rio

This is one of the reasons why i use to say that a guide in Rio is not needed if you want to see the major touristic spots. One can do it alone.

Better luck next time.

BR

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware of this tour guide in Rio

I am sorry to say . That tour guide is really need on the city , for many reasons . The language that many people dont speak , a lot of tips to not lose time on the me main spots on the city . I dont think that good just to visit the christ wait 3 hours ... Many important information that you can not find on the google ... the human value ...., etc

8. Re: Beware of this tour guide in Rio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 18, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro