We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marous - it's still very good , but not the bargain it was

Rio
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marous - it's still very good , but not the bargain it was

Wifey and I were celerbrating so off we went to Marius Crustaceos (after learing that both St Honore and Pre Catulan were temporarily closed).

The shell fish offerings are still top notch. All the lobster, prawns, crab, oysters, sea urchins, and even the scallops rarely found in Rio were fresh and properly prepared. Hardly had any room for the salads,stews, and other broiled fish offerings. A bottle of Marson Reserve Chardonnay, a Brailian wine, was fairly priced at R$51. The cost of the all you can eat buffet is R$112 per person or about US $50 at today' s exchange. Dessert is an additional R$18.

It's good, but not the bargain it used to be when it cost less than 1/2 that price 2 or 3 years back before Bush deficit spending eroded the dollar and Lula's conservative economic policy strengthed the Brasilian real. Gee whiz. I thought Bush was a conservative and Lula a radical.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
683 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marous - it's still very good , but not the bargain it was

Honestly, I prefer the Marius Churrascaria more than the seafood version. Of course, I'm a bigger fan of carne than seafood. They are both expensive though.

2. Re: Marous - it's still very good , but not the bargain it was

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro