We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sambodromo

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Sambodromo

Is there a police presence around the sambodrome before the carnival parades?

Atlanta, Ga
Level Contributor
426 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sambodromo

The short answer is Yes!. I take the metro to the parades and police are there in great numbers from the time I get off the metro until I settle in my seat in the sambodromo. Not sure, but it seems like a combination of city,state and military police. They are usually in groups of 7 or so and are all over the place. I do believe that the area around the sambodromo has to be the safest place in South America during carnaval parade nights lol.. Even so I strongly suggest that you take a taxi once you leave the Sambodromo. I personally think it's ok to take public transportation TO the parades, however, I always take a taxi back to the hotel....safer and convenient..

2. Re: Sambodromo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, October 01, 2014