We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa agency for Brazil?

New York
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Visa agency for Brazil?

Hello,

two years ago we needed a tourist visa for China and somebody here in the forum gave us a great tip. Worked great.

Now we are off to Brazil and need two tourist visas for US citizens. Does anybody know an agency that can take care of it for us?

To go personally to the next Brazilian embassy (NYC) would take a whole day for me.

Thanks, Undine

Rio Maximo
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Be a Local Tours
City Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Bernard - Rio de Janeiro Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
22,277 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa agency for Brazil?

Try PVS International. I've used PVS at least a half-dozen times. You have to send in your passport, along with the visa application, of course. It cannot be done entirely on line.

http://www.pvsinternational.org/BRAZIL.html

PVS International

1700 North Moore Street

Suite 310

Arlington, VA 22209

International: +1-703-908-0330

Domestic Toll Free: 1-800-556-9990

Fax: +1-703-908-0332

info@pvsinternational.org

Bellevue, Washington
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa agency for Brazil?

I used TravelVisaPro based on recommendations on this site and was very satisfied with their service. http://www.travelvisapro.com/

HTH

New York
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa agency for Brazil?

Hello,

I made now more research and also saw the website you recommended. Why does one need to make an appointment with the consulate?? I thought for that I am hiring an agency and pay a good chunk of money?

I am a bit confused with those agencies anyways. A lot of them have different requirements. One asks for "proof of sufficient funds in the bank" which I don't read anywhere else, the one listed above requires an appointment with the consulate, another one needs the forms filled out online whereas the next one needs them printed and send in.

I thought to get a tourist visa for US citizens has a norm. Why are the requirements different from agency to agency?

Kinda confusing...

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa agency for Brazil?

Hey there

Well it's probably due to the fact that some consulates allow you to apply by mail, wheareas other consulates don't. The Consulate of Brazil in New York is clear on that matter:

"No visa will be processed by any kind of mail including USPS, Federal Express, DHL, etc. The Consulate cannot be held responsible for mailed passports or visa applications and will not mail applications or visas back."

Therefore, the visa agency will have to go there for you, as the Consulate explains:

"If you cannot come to the Consulate in person, the application can be submitted by a third party, such as a friend, a relative or a visa agency. An additional absentee fee is charged if you do not bring your application in person (more information in the links below). Such fee is waived if you are applying on behalf of your father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister. "

More information: novayork.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/visas.xml

Check with the agency if their employee will represent you before the consulate.

Northeast, PA
Level Contributor
163 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa agency for Brazil?

We're going to Rio March 21, if we fill out the online Visa application now and receive

our barcode when would we need to show up at the NYC consulate?

Would we have 30 days to get there or could we go say in December sometime?

Would we need to take the notarized "Consent to Issue a Visa To a Minor" if both parents

are going too? TIA for any advise. j&y&m

Northeast, PA
Level Contributor
163 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa agency for Brazil?

How would we get our passport/visa back? Would we pick it up later that day?

mail it to us? take a second trip?

7. Re: Visa agency for Brazil?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:27 pm, September 22, 2013
8. Re: Visa agency for Brazil?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 24, 2014