We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm overwhelmed! Need help planning 10 days in Brazil

Tel Aviv, Israel
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I'm overwhelmed! Need help planning 10 days in Brazil

My husband and I have 10 days for Brazil. What do you suggest we do? We have to be in Sao Paulo in the middle of the trip for one day. We know we should do Rio and Salvador. Should we try to squeeze in Lencois, the Amazon or the Iguacu falls as well? Or is this too much plane travel?

Thank you so much for any advice you have.

Cumming, Georgia...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: I'm overwhelmed! Need help planning 10 days in Brazil

Hello, my husband and I are going to Sao Paulo and Rio in Feb. You have mentioned about hop on and off bus, do you know if they have it in Sao Paulo and Rio? Thanks so much!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
21,315 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: I'm overwhelmed! Need help planning 10 days in Brazil

No such bus in Rio.

Dongguan, China
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: I'm overwhelmed! Need help planning 10 days in Brazil

yeas, there's many options and it's hard to chose... do U want to visit as much as possible or chose 3 locations and stick to it?

in my opinion Rio is obligatory. ... and not just because it's most famous city etc etc ... but because it's really grea (U can take overnight bus to get there from SP). Then U could fly to north .... Instead of Salvador I would more recommend Natal or some smaller tourist city with beautiful beaches ...

Alternatively very nice city is also Florianopolis! ... On website Let'sMeetinBrazil.net you can find some nice guides about those places.

If you want to be closer to the nature (not necessarily the beaches) then definitely Amazonia or Pantanal.

Good luck!

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
70 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: I'm overwhelmed! Need help planning 10 days in Brazil

Instead of sticking to cities, I would try to squeezing some nature in your trip. We were gobsmacked by the beauty of the Pantanal, Chapada dos Guimaraes, Nobres, Paraty and Iguaçu.

If you are only interested in cities. We really liked the Ouro Preto area. Lots of interesting history and easy to get around. We flew into Belo Horizonte and took the bus to Ouro Preto. Ignore the people trying to sell cheap transportation at the bus station. The busses are excellent, run on time and are not expensive...no need to take a dodgy van.

I did not go to the amazon, we thought it was too far away (even by plane) to put in our 26 day itinerary.

I second the proposition of booking ahead. We booked our planes because we suddenly saw the prices go up and we were months away from our trip. We tried almost all major Brazilian airlines (Gol, TAM, Azul) and the service of each company was perfect.

15. Re: I'm overwhelmed! Need help planning 10 days in Brazil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 17, 2014