We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Weeks in Brazil Solo - Please Advise

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
2 Weeks in Brazil Solo - Please Advise

I am thinking about taking advantage of some good flight deals to go to Brazil for a couple of weeks or 16 days at the end of March or start of April. Obviously I would want to spend a few days in Rio but I am in a bit if a quandry as to the rest of my itenerary. I was thinking of flying from Rio to Campo Grande and spending a few days in the Pantanal and then going to the Iguacu Falls for a few days. After that it would be nice to see a bit of the coast for a couple of days. Does that sound like a achiveable itinerary? What's the best way to travel between Campo Grande and Iguacu? Where is best to head after that? I a female and would be travelling solo. Does anyone had any additional advice? Thanks!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
1,184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Weeks in Brazil Solo - Please Advise

Rio + South Pantanal (Corumbá? Bonito?) + Iguaçu Falls might take almost of your 2 weeks -- but it depends on you, of course.

Sounds good anyway. I suggest you to plan ahead what to do in the Pantanal area.

If you want to head to the coast after that, I'd suggest you to go to Florianópolis. You could also go to the northeast but Florianópolis is closer and does have many excellent beaches.

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Weeks in Brazil Solo - Please Advise

We're going in March and we are going to Rio, Buzios, Iguazu and Ilha Grande. I think you should include all of those, they seem amazing esp ilha grande (if youre into nature)!

Rio de Janeiro
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Weeks in Brazil Solo - Please Advise

Forget about Pantanal... Go to Rio X Iguaçu X Buenos Aires X Rio Instead.

Buenos Aires is a great romantic destination, it is not so far, it is cheap to flight to there and you will still have time to explore Rio surrounding areas...

BR

4. Re: 2 Weeks in Brazil Solo - Please Advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 02, 2014