We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indoor volleyball

London
Level Contributor
64 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Indoor volleyball

Visiting Rio during February and keen to watch a Indoor volleyball match. Would I be able to buy on the day or should I buy in advance? Any advise or suggestions welcomw.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
679 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indoor volleyball

Hi Mark,

you can watch both female and male indoor volleyball teams from Rio. Which dates will you be here?

here is the schedule for february matches:

feb 2nd - 9:30 pm - RJX x Campinas (male) - Maracanazinho - maracanã subway station (linha 2).

feb 5th - 7:30 pm - Unilever x São Bernardo (female ) - Tijuca Tenis Clube - Saens Peña subway station (linha 1).

both venues are located at the north zone, and you can reach by subway. If you buy the rechargeble ticket from the subway, you get a free ticket for each game, just look for the "metrô" queue at the ticket booth when u get there. Just arrive one hour before the game to get a good place.

have fun!

London
Level Contributor
64 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indoor volleyball

Thanks very much. Got a taste for the sport during the Olympics. I am in Rio from the 1st to 17th Feb.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
679 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indoor volleyball

I recomend you go see the male game, on feb 2nd. The venue is the one for the olympic games and the crowd is great. I may be there as well.

London
Level Contributor
64 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indoor volleyball

I will be there.

São Paulo, Brazil
Level Contributor
809 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indoor volleyball

My wife is a men's volleyball enthusiast and I am considering taking her to see the Brazilian League Final on 14 April at the Maracanãzinho. Any idea how to get tickets, and how much they would cost? How could I buy the tickets, as I live in São Paulo?

Edited: 4:57 pm, January 17, 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indoor volleyball

The majority of the games at Tijuca Tenis Clube are free.

On the 5th February (at 7:30 pm - Unilever x São Bernardo - female) it is most likely that you can attend it for free (if not, the ticket can be purchased one hour before the beggining of the match right there at the official counter - it won´t be expensive - absolutely!).

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Indoor volleyball

Where Can i see if there is any matches ón next week??

Anders

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indoor volleyball

If there are no matches next weak, you could try to watch a training of Rio de Janeiro Women's Volleyball team at Urca neighborhood (São João Fort) or do a side trip to the neighbor seaside resort town of Saquarema where is hosted the National Volleyball Center of Development.

I could consider it a must do for Volleyball enthusiastics.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
679 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Indoor volleyball

Paul,

about the finals, tickets will only be avaliable closer to the date, and is better follow the information at Brazilian Volleyball Confederation website - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/ or facebook page - https:/…confederacaobrasileiradevoleibol

Usually they cost a little bit more than the usual games. Last year final, cost 20 reais stands and 40 reais for chairs (the ones closer to the court), and there was online sell at livepass website.

10. Re: Indoor volleyball

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 22, 2014