We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Rio To Iguaza Falls.

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Niteroi, Brazil
3 posts
Save Topic
Travelling from Rio To Iguaza Falls.

My girlfriend and i want to travel from Rio to Iguaza Falls and also visit the bird sanctuary on the way but we want the trip to last for a few days, we are thinking about leaving on the 22nd of February and arriving back in Rio on the 24th - 26th what is the best way to travel and where are the best places to stay.

Thanks.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,531 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Rio To Iguaza Falls.

The best way to travel is by plane. Foz do Iguaçu is quite far from Rio and going by bus can be an adventure (a very long journey and with some parts of the road being not in good conditions). I advise you to look for plane tickets in advance (as soon as possible, in fact), in order to avoid higher fares.

Menton, France
Level Contributor
8 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Rio To Iguaza Falls.

I second the above post, fly in and then stay here .......casa do turista this is a B&B family run place and they are kindness itself. Yuri the son speaks a little English but the advice they give is good. Their email is casadoturista@hotmail.com and mention my name Anita. I stayed there in October.

It is a 10 min walk into town but plenty of choice for eating once there or catch the bus just down the street, Yuri will show you where. He will also meet the plane and act as tour guide, but he will charge for those services.

You can also take a bus over to the other side of the Falls which I strongly recommend you do. They are fabulous. Enjoy! Anita

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Rio To Iguaza Falls.

Plane is your very best option, no doubt.

Foz do Iguacu, the Brazilian border town is bigger, livelier and has more bar and restaurants options, beside being handier for the majority of the attractions. I have already been there twice and in both occasions, stayed at Raffain Centro, a good value for money hotel in the center area.

But the argentinean town of Puerto Iguazu is cute, with a very interesting small village atmosphere and should also deserve your attention, depending on your accommodation / overnight priorities.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Rio To Iguaza Falls.

Please can someone advise me of a reliable local tour operator to book a trip for us (by plane)to the I/Falls and Salvador starting from Rio where we arrive on Febr. 27th.

We are planning to stay 5 nigts in Rio, 1/2 nights at the falls and 8-10 days in Salvador.

Your help is much appreciated.

Klaus.

5. Re: Travelling from Rio To Iguaza Falls.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 07, 2014