We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pharmacia near Copacabana Beach?

Seaside Heights...
Level Contributor
140 posts
263 reviews
Save Topic
Pharmacia near Copacabana Beach?

Hello:

I will be staying at the Marriott on Copacabana Beach in a few weeks. Upon arrival I will need to stock up on personal items including sun screen, lotion, liquid sanitizer, etc. Is there a pharmacia type place to stock up on personal items within walking distance from the Marriott?

Does anyone have any suggestions/comments/recommendations for tours/restaurants/activities from the Marriott as home base for 3 days?

Thanks in advance.

Seaside Heights...
Level Contributor
140 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Pharmacia near Copacabana Beach?

Thank you for your prior help.

Is there a trustworthy ATM machine near the Marriott on Copacana Beach?

TA has advised not to use the ATMs at GIG. So once I get to my hotel I need to get some Reals. Where is a good place to do that?

Vatican City, Italy
Level Contributor
760 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Pharmacia near Copacabana Beach?

Inside any of the banks on NS Senhora de Copacabana. There's a slew of them to choose from including Banco do Brasil, HSBC, Bradesco etc. There's a Bradesco on Santa Clara about a block away from your hotel.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,245 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Pharmacia near Copacabana Beach?

Yes. Avoid at all costs the airport´s ATMs.

But in Copacabana, mostly at Av Nossa Senhora de Copacabana there are hundreds of them, all relatively safe. Better to withdraw during the day.

14. Re: Pharmacia near Copacabana Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 16, 2013