We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hyderabad india
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport transfers

Any operators for airport transfers?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers

From the Int´l airport GIG to your hotel in Rio or to somewhere else (like another city)?

www.venturiniviagens.com

www.trixrentacar.com.br

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers

Please refer to the Transfer Q&A: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303506-i1199-k588…

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
355 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers

I just got back from Rio. Airport transfers are not needed at all. Just take a yellow taxi from the official line or if you want you can pay using your credit card in one of the radio taxi booths as you exit after customs.

Vina del Mar, Chile
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers

How much cost a Taxi from the airport GIG to Flamengo area?

Thanks

Fernanda

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
18,331 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfers

A yellow taxi will cost you around $R60.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfers

Fernanda,

I´d say no more than R$ 45 during the day on a week day and around R$ 50 at night or on weekends.

If you wanna save money, you should take the bus line 2018 from Real company at the airport and ask the driver to let you drop in Praia do Flamengo at the closer cross street to your destination. Though the luggages, it will be a short walking wherever you are in Flamengo.

The cost of this bus ride is only R$ 12 per person and it takes a longer time than a taxi (about 30´from the GIG, whereas the taxi ride will last about 20´).

Edited: 8:41 am, January 24, 2013
Denver, Colorado
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfers

How far is the airport from the city? I will be in Rio for 7 hours connecting flights and would like to get advice about what I can do. Any recommendation?

Thanks

Adriana

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
18,331 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfers

Which airport are you talking about?

The international airport, GIG, is 11 miles from downtown Rio. Stay there and relax if you only have seven hours between flights. (Seven hours usually means four hours.)

Santos Dumont, the domestic airport, is located adjacent to downtown (Centro) Rio.

Centro, the Heart of Rio:

http://bit.ly/VIoSre

9. Re: Airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 06, 2014