Hi! My boyfriend and I are going to Rio over NYE. We'll be staying at the Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort in Leblon. It sounds like Copacabana is the place to be for NYE but that travel can be difficult because they shut down the roads in the afternoon. So I have a few questions:
1. How long does it take to get from Leblon to Copacabana? It says it's about 3 mi. away.
2. Will we be able to take a taxi NYE to get to Copacabana? What time should we leave?
3. I wanted to make dinner reservations somewhere near the beach where the activity will be-any recommendations?
4. Does anyone know what activities will be going on in Copacabana for NYE?
5. Will we be able to get back to Leblon that night after the fireworks? Will it be safe?
Thanks in advance for any advice!