We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIP's Motel alternative in Centro

w w
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
VIP's Motel alternative in Centro

I have an early morning flight arrival and will not be able to get into my apartment rental until the afternoon...

I have been to VIP's a few times and like the terrace, pool, etc... in some of the rooms but would rather not travel all the way out there since my apartment is near downtown...

Any suggestions on a VIP's-like motel in centro? Don't really need pool, terrace - just a clean room to freshen up after an overnight flight and meet my carioca friend before going to the apartment.

Thanks!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
19,655 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIP's Motel alternative in Centro

I would recommend the Ibis Rio de Janeiro Centro Budget Hotel:

http://bit.ly/dbRgeT

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
585 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIP's Motel alternative in Centro

There is a row of motel's on the road of Rio Scenarium in Lapa, close to centro, I believe the road is called Rua do Lavradio. They are simple, but they meet the criteria of a clean room to freshen up. In my single days visited a few of them :-) Now, the only forewarning - they are absolutely not up to the level of the VIP motel. I really do not remember their names, but I think one is called Casa Branca, or something like.... since you are mentioning early morning hours, they might be good options since regular hotels will be more limited with check-in time and less cost effective for just a few hour stay. From the outside they do not look so good (like almost any place in Lapa during the day), but things definitely improve inside!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIP's Motel alternative in Centro

There are no good motels with such a quality in center area, but maybe in Flamengo neighborhood you can find one!

Ibis Santos Dumont would be my choice too, right beside the Santos Dumont local airport.

I don´t like the other Ibis at Praça Tiradentes (square).

4. Re: VIP's Motel alternative in Centro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:42 pm, June 19, 2013