We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a place to go tonight in Lapa

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
171 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for a place to go tonight in Lapa

Olá,

I'm looking for recommendations of a place to go tonight in Lapa. Is there anywhere that plays boss nova? If not, what is a good place for chorinho or samba de gafieira? I'll have an American with me so a place that's not extremely loud would be best, if any :-)

Also, what's the best way to get there from Copacabana? Best to taxi it?

And if boss nova is the ultimate goal, is there a place other than that bar on Domingos Ferreira in Copacabana ?

Obrigado pessoal!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
19,279 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a place to go tonight in Lapa

The Best Music Venues in Lapa:

http://bit.ly/zZKAKg

Take a taxi.

Antarctica
Level Contributor
470 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a place to go tonight in Lapa

Hi, definitely a taxi and Rio Scenarium is great. Get there early grab a table have a decent meal and enjoy the wonderful music and atmosphere.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a place to go tonight in Lapa

Besides Rio Scenarium, I'll recomend the places: " Rio 40 Graus" and "Carioca da Gema".

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a place to go tonight in Lapa

I really recommend Rio Scenarium, but be aware that the place gets crowded, so don't arrive too late (nor too early - remember that our night outs begin late).

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
171 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for a place to go tonight in Lapa

Thanks for the replies.

What would be a good time to arrive?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
350 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for a place to go tonight in Lapa

If you arrive around 8pm, you should be able to get a table.

However, I would also recommend that you skip the "organized" places and simply enjoy the show under the arches. You will find a lot of small bars with music as well as other sights and sounds. Go to Scenarium, give it a try for a few hours and then head to the streets.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for a place to go tonight in Lapa

Lapa is definitely the place to find good and proper Brazilian music such as chorinho, samba de raiz, bossa nova and so on. No matter a place in there, you can "trip around" the main street in Lapa and will see lot of places to go.

Regarding how to get there, if you want to spend more $ get a cab that might cost from Coacabana, at about 20 or 30 reais (if I am not mistaken), but get the cabs with the machine working on the panel front and make sure the guy turn it on at the time you get in. But also you can get a tube at Ipanema and drop off at GLORIA or LARGO DA CARIOCA, both nearby Lapa walking then.

An advice? Best day is FRIDAY, packed but amazing; but be aware of the pocket thief, so, take few to loose less! Cameras / mobiles are easily taken without you even notice, in the crowd, but no worries of taken photographs while inside the bars.

If you get a chance, go to a show at Circo Voador in Lapa, nice pace, good shows...

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for a place to go tonight in Lapa

Lapa is definitely the place to find good and proper Brazilian music such as chorinho, samba de raiz, bossa nova and so on. No matter a place in there, you can "trip around" the main street in Lapa and will see lot of places to go.

Regarding how to get there, if you want to spend more $ get a cab that might cost from Coacabana, at about 20 or 30 reais (if I am not mistaken), but get the cabs with the machine working on the panel front and make sure the guy turn it on at the time you get in. But also you can get a tube at Ipanema and drop off at GLORIA or LARGO DA CARIOCA, both nearby Lapa walking then.

An advice? Best day is FRIDAY, packed but amazing; but be aware of the pocket thief, so, take few to loose less! Cameras / mobiles are easily taken without you even notice, in the crowd, but no worries of taken photographs while inside the bars.

If you get a chance, go to a show at Circo Voador in Lapa, nice pace, good shows...

http://oqueacontecenorio.wordpress.com

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions for a place to go tonight in Lapa

Rio Scenarium, Lapa 40 graus (http://www.lapa40graus.com.br/site/). Gabinete, Bar da Boa are all good (and quite different) options of things to do and go in Lapa by night.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions for a place to go tonight in Lapa

does anyone know if there is anywhere to watch shows in lapa that accepts minors.