We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazil itinerary, any suggestions?

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Trumbull...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Brazil itinerary, any suggestions?

We are going to Brazil the end of April. We fly into Rio 3 nights, then to Buzios 3 nights, Salvador bahia 3 nights and Iguazu 2 nights then fly home. Should we stay in Buzios for 2 nights instead and add the extra night to Salvador? Any suggestions?

buzios
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brazil itinerary, any suggestions?

I live in Buziosand I love it. There is some guy from Toronto that just hated it. My advise is ask the locals like me where to stay and what to do. If you are coming here to go to night clubs like you have back home than it isn´t the place. Buzios is beaches laid back and beautiful people. Go surfing windsurfing lay out on the beach, get into the brazilian culture and you´ll love it. There also isn´t a safer place in Brazil. Iguasu may be a three nighter because you´ll want to see the falls from both sides and there is a fantastic bird park, where you walk thru warehouse size cages. Bourbon is the Hotel to stay in.

Rio De Janeiro...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Brazil itinerary, any suggestions?

Hello, I own a travel agency in Rio. I am very familiar with Rio (Of course) and highly recommend Buzios/Cabo Frio area. Buzios has wonderful beaches and crime is not an issue. Buzios however, is very touristy and pricey. There are many things to do if you enjoy nature activities (Surfing, Scuba Diving, Fishing, etc..) and there is also great shopping.

I was born in Salvador, so I love it very much. Salvador is, in my opinion, the must culturally oriented place in Brazil. If you have any question dont hesitate to e-mail me at SergeFT@gmail.com