We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 posts
Save Topic

how far is sao palo from rio? im trying to figure out which airport to fly into, it seems that the fares are cheaper to land in gru then it is gig.

how long and how much would a taxi cost to ride from sao palo to rio? what is my best option?

thanks in advance

for anyones input.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: distance

You'll ultimately decide for yourself, but I would hope you avoid driving in Sao Paulo or Rio. The airports of both are located outside of the city, but the one if Rio is across a highway from a 5 mile long shantytown. The airport in Sao Paulo is also near a highway, but no shantytowns. I would say that it would be pretty easy to drive from one airport to the other, the real problem though is if you want to get near the cities. Remember, the signs are in Portuguese and traffic is mad, much like Boston, except they don't always respect lane lines. Most Brazilian men grow up thinking the will be the next Aryton Senna, but don't drive performance cars or have even 10% of his ability, but they still try.

12. Re: distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, August 21, 2009