We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gringo management

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Gringo management

We're looking to book with them and have heard conflicting reviews. Anyone stayed there? How is the surrounding area? Is it relatively safe? Appreciate answers!

Also we were recommended the building that is 1 block in as opposed to the 1 that's right on the beach. Any suggestions there?

Thanks!

Rocinha, RJ, Brasil
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Gringo management

i heard nothing but good reviews about David and Gringo management. Anytime i see a poster who only writes one post i tend to wonder how accurate the reviews are..

maybe a competitor?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gringo management

Yes Zezinho, maybe a competitor...

Not the most honest way to deal with a competitor... but that has been employed as usual tool for many, unfortunetely.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gringo management

I would like to share our positive experience with Gringo Management. We rented the apartment on Rue Miguel Lemos, and asked for transportation from the airport. Our flight was delayed but the driver waited for us.

The apartment was clean, and everything was as agreed. They were easy to reach and I highly recommend them.

Esquel, Argentina
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Gringo management

I already came from Rio de Janeiro and booked two of this apartments.

I have to say that one of those studios is almost on the beach, having a great view of it. The studio was clean and comfortable. Everything worked, fan, wi fi, tv, cable, air conditioning...The other one, was pretty comfortable as well, a little bigger, with air conditioning, fridge, nice bathroom.

I recommend his places for a relaxing beach holiday definitely!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Gringo management

I already came from Rio de Janeiro and booked two of this apartments.

I have to say that one of those studios is almost on the beach, having a great view of it. The studio was clean and comfortable. Everything worked, fan, wi fi, tv, cable, air conditioning...The other one, was pretty comfortable as well, a little bigger, with air conditioning, fridge, nice bathroom.

I recommend his places for a relaxing beach holiday definitely!

16. Re: Gringo management

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 pm, March 07, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Gringo management

I'm going through a very, very ordinary experience with Gringo Management at the moment. I booked an apartment for the World Cup and paid 1/3 deposit, approx. $1300USD. Now mind you, I paid this deposit in September of 2013. Unfortunately due to my own circumstances come November I was unable to attend and had to cancel my intended stay. Mind you, I cancelled in late October/early November 2013, some 9 months before the time of my arrival in Rio. This is what happened;

1. So far my deposit has been kept - even though it's 9 months in advance all $1300 USD has been pocketed. (I understand that can happen to deposits within a few weeks from the actual date, but 9 months?) - I know, my fault for being stupid there.

2. When I asked to transfer to deposit to another date David has, and continues to be non-committal. His responses are more of the 'maybe' type rather then 'I'll do all I can to help you out'.

3. Now he tells me the apartment has not been rented out for the week of the final, and even though I doubt it I have no recourse.

I would imagine that's the last I see of that cash. What a pathetic situation and ridiculous way of doing business!

Edited: 8:47 pm, March 03, 2014
18. Re: Gringo management

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro