We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wheelchair help

SCOTLAND
1 post
Save Topic
wheelchair help

Can anyone tell me if the taxis are wheelchair accessible in Rio.

Rio
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: wheelchair help

they are not and neither are almost all the buses

la jolla,ca
Level Contributor
112 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wheelchair help

there is no place on earth less suited for a person in a wheelchair than rio.not only are there no buses or taxis or hotels or apts set up for this purpose,but the culture is not receptive to the handicapped.

I saw a middle class girl cossing the street in a middle class neighborhood 10 days ago in rio who was run over,turned into a handicapped person,and nobody lifted a finger to help her.

finally I and a taxi driver went to help her.the accident occured directly in front of posto#5 in barra de tujuca.the lifeguards did not help her.the police came only becaused I stopped them driving by.

This was a teenage girl legaly crossing the street in her own neighborhood.none of the locals lifted a finger to help.

So,what do you think of your chances in Rio?!

3. Re: wheelchair help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:38 pm, April 12, 2006