We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what the best

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
293 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
what the best

hi,

i have the choice beetween these hotels

Astoria

Asteria palace

tulip inn copacabana

augusto

manhattan

cocoon

kubits check plaza

does anybody konw the best in this list?

grettings

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,676 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what the best

I stayed in Astoria Palace two weeks ago. I don't recommend it for various reasons (review coming soon).

Rio de Janeiro
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what the best

for another side, our good friend FinalJustice was in Astoria Palace last time, and he is returning to Rio this month. He choose the same Atoria Palace Hotel and seems glad with the service. The view is amazing, the location either.

"the best in the list"? it is ever a personal choice.

Welcome,

Brazil Rio

Paris, France
Level Contributor
293 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what the best

hello

tank's everybody for your answers,yesterday i have read that Rio is dangerous for tourist??many people

have been robbery whith gun ect..is it true??

for the hotel we have choice Asteria Palace,is only

to sleep

salutations:-))

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what the best

Danger can be relative. By Hautmont's standards I'd say yes, Rio is dangerous. However, I'm going to be 46 this month and I've never been a victim of crime. OK, when I was 11 some kids took my money and twice I had car stereos stolen. Please read the topic "The Real Rio's Danger" where the subject was exhaustively discussed. I'd just add that cell phones are a criminal's favorite item right now and a very popular way of stealing them is when someone rides by on a bicycle and snatches it right out of your hand, so avoid using them out on the street and especially on the beach sidewalk. For the same reason, be cautious when using your compact camera. Interestingly though, large SLR cameras are not a usual target because they are more difficult to conceal. Armed robberies are unusual in tourist areas, but if ever confronted by an armed robber, do not try to be a hero and you won't get hurt.

Salvador
Level Contributor
456 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: what the best

Feliz aniversario RioTours!

Parabéns pra vc, neste data querida....

Paris, France
Level Contributor
293 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what the best

hello,

thank's for your message,i saw on other site,if you go to Rio,no ring,no sawtch (only a cheap)no neck lace,no camera only one in hard paper,i hope you understand what i mean,because my english is not very

good,i'm French,a woman and his husband said that they have been robbery by "children" whith a gun!!

so whe chose an other travel,a cruise departure from Singapore,Malaisie,Kuala Lumpur,Comodo Island,Thailande,Bali,Australia,may be is not more save,but we have been in Asia 4 times and all is ok

have a nice day,Rio is for next yer (may be)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
293 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what the best

hello,

thank's for your message,i saw on other site,if you go to Rio,no ring,no sawtch (only a cheap)no neck lace,no camera only one in hard paper,i hope you understand what i mean,because my english is not very

good,i'm French,a woman and his husband said that they have been robbery by "children" whith a gun!!

so whe choose an other travel,a cruise departure from Singapore,Malaisie,Kuala Lumpur,Comodo Island,Thailande,Bali,Australia,may be is not more save,but we have been in Asia 4 times and all is ok

have a nice day,Rio is for next yer (may be)

Rio de Janeiro
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what the best

This is so sad to see...

people giving up to come to my land because of mediatic sensationalism exploitation of violence.

I have no idea why the government, through out their Tourism agencies doesn't try to avoid this, to make a better advertise of the country overseas.

Welcome,

Brazil Rio

Paris, France
Level Contributor
293 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what the best

hi

it's a good idea,but all people know that,i readen it on the page of french consulate,i know now many touwn is dangerous Bangkok,Manille,ect..are dangerous too.

may be next year is better

grettings

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
190 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what the best

Hey my friend,

yes, i have been to rio before a few times, always with a brasilian woman, and never any problems. i have stayed at astoria palace before and will stay again.

It is sad to see people not coming to rio because of fear of crime. I can only say God has protected us and I think we take wise precautions to avoid being targets of crime , and we are younger.

But we have ridden the city bus late at night in copa many times!

boa viagem wherever you go!