We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Martha - Guide in Rio de Janeiro

South Africa
6 posts
Save Topic
Martha - Guide in Rio de Janeiro

I've just returned from a week in Rio de Janeiro & before my trip, made bookings with Martha (a multi language guide).

Looking back, that was the best thing I had done. I can not imagine how I would have coped as I'm English speaking & did find it difficult getting my message across. But with the help of my ever-willing guide Martha, who goes out of her way for her clients, my trip was a breeze. My first contact with her was telephonic while I was in the taxi (which she arranged) & she called 2 minutes later to greet & welcome me to Rio. She met me later that evening for dinner & the days that followed, was there on time everytime to pick me up for the pre-arranged sightseeing, tours etc.

Just to give you an idea of Martha's personality, some people that i met on the trip thought that she & I are long time friends & were quite surprised when I told them i had just met her for the first time that week. She;s a bubbly, kind, helpful, honest & well informed guide. I would strongly recommend tourists using Martha as their guide whilst in Rio. You wouldn't go wrong.

her address is martha.guideinrio@globo.com

Martha, I can not thank you enough for all the support, care & friendship you have shown me. Especially when you came along with me to exchange the torn t'shirt I bought as well as assisting me to the very last minute to find a supermarket for the chocolates, these are things you didn't have to do, but you did. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
State of Rio de Janeiro
Rio By Bike Tours
Rio By Bike Tours
867 Reviews
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Martha - Guide in Rio de Janeiro

for all the wonderful and glowing reports "martha" has received, no one has posted any pictures they have taken while on the tours she has done. i'm sure someone has pictures of themselves with "martha". i certainly would enjoy seeing this wonderful women and her interpretations of the sight of Rio.

Mentioned in this post
Rio By Bike Tours
Rio By Bike Tours
867 Reviews
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
South Africa
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Martha - Guide in Rio de Janeiro

Hello Pointloman,

Of course, I intend posting some pics but I only returned from Rio 3 days ago so I should edit my foto's this weekend & then will upload the foto's.

In the meantime, if you go view Photo's on trip advisor, you will see "Zinouba" (I don't know who this is but he/she must have hired Martha) you will see a picture of Martha (the lady on the left wearing white t shirt & jeans)

Let me know if this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Rio By Bike Tours
Rio By Bike Tours
867 Reviews
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
South Africa
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Martha - Guide in Rio de Janeiro

Hi again,

The link is on the left under "Traveler Photos".

There's some other really lovely pics of Rio.

Mentioned in this post
Rio By Bike Tours
Rio By Bike Tours
867 Reviews
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
South Africa
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Martha - Guide in Rio de Janeiro

Hi again Pointloman

Just thought I'd let you know that I have now posted foto's of Martha & myself in Rio in the Traveler Photos section under Rio de Janeiro. Go check it out.

Mentioned in this post
Rio By Bike Tours
Rio By Bike Tours
867 Reviews
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
State of Rio de Janeiro
5. Re: Martha - Guide in Rio de Janeiro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro