We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help about hotels.

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norway
3 posts
Save Topic
Help about hotels.

We won a trip for two till Rio for a week!

Totally excited of course!

We have to choose between 3 hotels:

1)The Sheraton Rio Hotel and Towers (4 star)

2) The Pestana Rio Atlantica

3) Excelsior Copacabana (3.5 star)

Anyone who could help me a bit here: Please!

NYC
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help about hotels.

Personally, I would pick the Sheraton Rio Hotel and Towers. I am the person who posted a review of the Sheraton with all the great pics. Its' a great hotel to stay at...I had no complaints except for location but it was easy to get to Ipanema/copa when necessary.

The other two choices you picked are on Copa. I don't like Copa as much. Ipanema is the BEST!

Good luck adn you are very lucky to win that trip.

Rio
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help about hotels.

I would opt for the Pestana. It is a newer and , all things considered, better located. The Sheraton is located midway between Sa�� Conrado and Leblon....it is an uncomfortable walk to Ipanema. The Pestana is indeed in Copa, but it is on the beach ( across from it) and affords much easier access to most places. You will feel isolated in the Sheraton and will feel the city��s pulse at the Pestana.

michigan
Level Contributor
418 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help about hotels.

Pestana has great location if you wnat to experience the city and walk to the beach and ipanema. sheraton is also great but a little isolated and difficult to walk around.