We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trying to get some info on this hotel

philadelphia
4 posts
Save Topic
trying to get some info on this hotel

hey im coming down rio on these dates im thinking about saying in the Plaza Copacabana Hotel: does any body now about this hotel. how far is from the club HELP! AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST IN A CAB TO GET THERE. AND WATS THE RATES COMING FROM THE AIRPORT ?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
683 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trying to get some info on this hotel

Taxi ride to Help will be less than R$10. Taxi to/from the airport will run R$35 to R$40.

philadelphia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: trying to get some info on this hotel

thanks for the info

DJ
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trying to get some info on this hotel

If you need to ask how much a taxi ride to HELP costs, maybe you should stay home!

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
481 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trying to get some info on this hotel

Maybe you can take a taxi to the airport for R$ 40 but not from the airport. There are no yellow (common) taxis at the airport. The rate for a special taxi there is R$ 77.

denver, Colorado
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: trying to get some info on this hotel

Rent apt. instead of Hotel in RIO. Go to gringomanagement apartments and tell David Angelo sent you. No problem bringing guests. For Taxi go upstairs or downstairs on elevator where daparture area is, and you can get taxi cheaper than where you arrive at. David for gringomanagement charges $65 for Taxi. Taxi back to airport will be half that cost. Rip off for taxis at airport. Get apt. from David and you walk from help to apt. I have been going there last 7 years. When dollar use to be king, but now bad. I going Nov 2007 and Jan. 2008 just before Carnaval. I paid $576 for airfare in November, and $617.00 in January. This out o Denver!!!! Great savings on airfare make up for weak dollar. Apartment is $50.00 a night. You save a food and transportation there.

$600 airfare I got.

$100.00 airport parking and taxi in RIO

Food-you cannot count since you eat anyway

Save on gas on car while there.

Apt. is $500 for 10 nights!!!

Girls and fun-$700 to $1,000.

Total cost around $1,800 to $2,200.

Note: I am staying three nights at Savoy Hotel for only $33.00 per night for one of my trips. Normally, over $90.00 per night. Also, I only pay $30.00 for my RT taxi fare!!!! Why great savings?? I am smart and do my homework. Travel is a constant monitoring like the stock market as airfares change. I also am traveling from LAX to Bangkok for only $1,305 airfare EVA AIR "premium laurel business class three times, Oct. Dec, and Feb. Normally, eva air is $3,500 business class. Note-you can fly right now for only $258 r/t to costa rica out of denver r/t non-stop in March.

6. Re: trying to get some info on this hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, September 03, 2009