We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places for Accommodation - Carnival 2008

manchester, UK
7 posts
Save Topic
Best places for Accommodation - Carnival 2008

Hi

we are at the early stages of planning a trip to Carnival 2008.

which areas are the best place to look for accommodation? I have seen Ipanema, Copacabana etc mentioned

we want to be in the atmosphere of the carnival of course! but as safe as poss and maybe, maybe somewhere that is a little of a refuge away from the hustle and bustle if this is at all possible!!!!

thank you in advance for your replies!

Zoe

NY
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places for Accommodation - Carnival 2008

hey penny! i would advise to stay in santa teresa, its a really cool nighberhood, i love it there. during carnival there is always lots and lots going on! road parades, music, samba, lots of ppl dancing and enjoying! its like the happies time of the year!!!

also i stayed in this great guest house: www.castelinho38.com, its close to the sambodromo, which is where u have to go at leaste onece! coz if u stay in ipanema or leblon than it takes forever to get there and also is stupidly expensive!!!

have a look at their website, the ppl there r really nice and will be super helpful!!!

er paraded together in the last carnival, it was great!!!!

NY
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places for Accommodation - Carnival 2008

hey penny! i would advise to stay in santa teresa, its a really cool nighberhood, i love it there. during carnival there is always lots and lots going on! road parades, music, samba, lots of ppl dancing and enjoying! its like the happies time of the year!!!

also i stayed in this great guest house: www.castelinho38.com, its close to the sambodromo, which is where u have to go at leaste onece! coz if u stay in ipanema or leblon than it takes forever to get there and also is stupidly expensive!!!

have a look at their website, the ppl there r really nice and will be super helpful!!!

er paraded together in the last carnival, it was great!!!!

New York City
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places for Accommodation - Carnival 2008

If you want "safer" and a better neighborhood, then forget about Copacabana. You want to be in Ipanema or Leblon.

Ipanema has a bit more going on then Leblon and Leblon is more family oriented but either should work for you. It is one long beach that connects the two neighborhoods. Depending on your budget there are lots of options. Arguably the "best" location t "hang out" is the beach at Posto #9, directly across from the Cesar Park hotel. The Cesar Park is expensive, probably more than it should be (as are all hotels in Rio, unfortunately) but it does have everything. We stayed at the Everest Rio one year, directly behind the Cesar Park and really liked it. The Everest also has chairs on the beach, right next to the CP and the price is about half. The neighborhood is great and everything is within walking distance.

Getting around Rio is easy, cabs are plentiful and cheap. Thus, try to stay in the neighborhood you will be spending most of your time in and I assume this will be Ipanema. It has the best restaurants and shopping.

We have traveled to Rio with our two children a couple of times and we love the city. Have fun.

4. Re: Best places for Accommodation - Carnival 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, August 31, 2009