We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight prices Holidays

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St.louis
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
flight prices Holidays

I was wondering what people have payed for flights to Brazil from the Midwest area or anywhere actually. We will be leaving on X-mas night and will be leaving on Jan 2. Right now the flights are going for 1200-1300. Is this a good deal or should I be able to get better?

Houston-Lisbon-Rio...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight prices Holidays

Greetings,

The current price on Continental Airlines for a round-trip from Houston, TX to Rio de Janeiro is $983. This is a direct flight with a hour stop coming and going in Sao Paulo (no aircraft change involved).

You are going during what would be considered the "High" season and when I have traveled to Rio in December I know I have paid in excess of $1000 for the round-trip. So, the prices you are citing seem credible especially with the rising cost of jet fuel. I would imagine that if you hunt around you will be able to find fares under $1000 but they will probably involve changes of equipment along the way.

The other thing to consider is that hotels charge premium rates during the time you are planning to go to Brazil (especially if you are heading to Rio). In my experience the hotel rates from about the middle of December to New Year's Day are only slightly less than those during Carnival. So book early and be prepared for hotel room sticker shock.

Safe Travels to you!

G.Browne

brazil
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flight prices Holidays

try http://www.travelocity.com/

regards

michigan
Level Contributor
418 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight prices Holidays

last year I bought with AA for $1000 for similar date. I could not find for less than that.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flight prices Holidays

I checked Delta and their fare for October of 2005 around $1300 - $1400. I'm sure things have gone up since last year...