We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Paraty from Guaratinguetá/Cunha by bus

Which Paraty hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Paraty from Guaratinguetá/Cunha by bus

Is it possible/easy nowadays?

Thanks in advance.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Paraty from Guaratinguetá/Cunha by bus

It is an adventure. Doable only on a 4x4 off road car.

But the path, though in terrible conservation conditons, is simply awesome in termns of beauty and landscape.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
586 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Paraty from Guaratinguetá/Cunha by bus

I have done the path myself about two times. I was not in a 4x4, and it is possible, but I must say ithat it is not easy. The hardest part is about 8 km at the very end and the rest is somewhat ok.

If it rains , then it becomes impossible.

But I guess you will be able to do in dry weather. Be careful however with the many potholes..

Athens
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Paraty from Guaratinguetá/Cunha by bus

I read that there is a Bus. If the road is not accesible, how can the bus go through?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Paraty from Guaratinguetá/Cunha by bus

The bus #3 is referring to is most likely the one that goes from Guaratinguetá to Taubaté by the the main inland road and only then goes down the "serra" (coastal mountains) to Ubatuba before finally continuing on to Parati. I takes 4 hours.

It thus avoids the Cunha-Parati road which is definitely not suitable for buses.

You can look at the "itinerário" portion of this link to see the route that the bus takes:

https://www.netviagem.com.br/Horario.aspx?value=7QAAAB+LCAAAAAAABADtvQdgHEmWJSYvbcp7f0r1StfgdKEIgGATJNiQQBDswYjN5pLsHWlHIymrKoHKZVZlXWYWQMztnbz33nvvvffee++997o7nU4n99//P1xmZAFs9s5K2smeIYCqyB8/fnwfPyLyxarOm+yznV9Y1cVFvvjs4e6DB79wljdtsaw+e7Czs/8LZ1mbfba7+7vvne/s0z97O7v3+LOfrEr6YjajzxYL+iej5xde1OtVdapAn2Vlk//CabVs1tT09F2b10vz6apattXLrM5m2ZfS867/2VPFYPcXKoav8zKfFtWSviNkXyz0pc/X1JxaXqzz9nef3vvdM+D5+iU1MBBecgP69NV3/h84TjUL7QAAAA==

5. Re: Getting to Paraty from Guaratinguetá/Cunha by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 31, 2014